White Rose Wood 23 - 25 November 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of the above/post 1

Karl
Hubs
MartinK9 (TBC)
Cliv
Scrumpy
RE8ELD0G
Tank
BareThrills - very tentative but ill try my best to swing a pass
woodspirits TBC
TinkyPete (TBC due to work)

I need more time in the outdoors :)

Sent from a Ditch in Otterburn :)

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
If the theme is prepping meat for smoking/jerky etc will there be an opportunity to do some ourselves?
If so i will bring some beef and spices as ive wanted to try this for a while but swmbo will not allow the cooker to be left on for 8+hours!!

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
If the theme is prepping meat for smoking/jerky etc will there be an opportunity to do some ourselves?
If so i will bring some beef and spices as ive wanted to try this for a while but swmbo will not allow the cooker to be left on for 8+hours!!

That's the idea, everyone brings their own meat and spices and dries their own. :)

jerky4.jpg

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
should i bring my own rack as well? and make the stand from collected wood?
Will i need an axe????

Sorry but this will be my first official bushcraft meet.

Any other items i may need

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
should i bring my own rack as well? and make the stand from collected wood?
Will i need an axe????

Sorry but this will be my first official bushcraft meet.

Any other items i may need

No need for a rack, plenty there and we can make some more.

Axes are always welcome. Yep, you can use it to make the tripod.

Other kit -

Something to sleep in, sleep on and sleep under.

Something to eat, cook from, eat from, eat with, something to drink and drink from.

Make sure you have plenty of warm kit, it gets chilly.

If you are coming by car, bring it all and leave the spares in the boot until needed.

HTH

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Got all the basics, hammock, dosbag, tarp, swedish trangia kit etc.
lots of warm clothes mostly mil surp so im all set.
Was more asking what extra stuff i may need apart from the basics??

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Definitely avoid being on the floor in chitterbug season, I have 2 bites in my belly button from last weekend and it looks and feels like a bad Ibiza piercing, not nice! If you have a folding chair with a back, you can throw a blanket over it for back warmth at the fire, it helps a lot :)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Gosh, I must have been bitten by something else then... Came up 24hr after which is how they usually affect me- at least the mozzies are holding off a bit now, there were only a few about :) what hungry critters might be nibbling now then? (now then now then) :D

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Hopefully we'll have some frost soon to kill off the chiggers. I was fortunate enough to not get nibbled on at NW this month, they normally love me there!

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Gosh, I must have been bitten by something else then... Came up 24hr after which is how they usually affect me- at least the mozzies are holding off a bit now, there were only a few about :) what hungry critters might be nibbling now then? (now then now then) :D

i was bitten half to death theyre only now showing up and setting me on fire!

will the meat prep be run as a tutorial or is it everyman for himself so to speak? never tried this but would love to have a go so we will hopefully be along with some meat and beer

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys

I read somewhere that chiggers' activity is hugely reduced below 8c and that they die once the temperature drops below 5c. In my local woods, where I was bitten half to death in early autumn, it now seems to be a beastie-free zone. Obviously there are still pockets of hardier ones around. A couple of good frosts should do the trick.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
i was bitten half to death theyre only now showing up and setting me on fire!

will the meat prep be run as a tutorial or is it everyman for himself so to speak? never tried this but would love to have a go so we will hopefully be along with some meat and beer

Hamish,

It'll be evryone for themselves but I am sure we can do a tutorial at the same time.

Just work out what style type you want to do:

http://www.greatjerky.com/recipes

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE