Where to put the tip?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I go for either centreline-ish or slightly lower, or almost straight with the spine. Personal favourites are the woodlore style and the traditional puukko. The frosts/moras seem ok too.

Dave

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I like it a little above the centre line. This is something of a drop point I guess. I like the look of it.

Thing is, what is termed the point of a knife is made up of a lot of elements, far more than most people seem to appreciate. The curvature of the belly and how the spine meets the cutting edge have every bit as much to do with how the knife looks and cuts as where the point lies in relation to the centre line. Actually, I reckon they have more to do with it.

How does everyone define the centre line of thier knives? I know how I do it, but it varies from knife to knife.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I like the tip to be any where from the centre line to half way between the centre line and the widest part of the blade if that makes sense [about 3/4 of the blade width] you can get some lovely curves on the blade using a position between these two points.

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE