Whats your dog walking outfit in this horrendous rain we've been having?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Im out everyday. Doing 2-3.5 miles per day. [Puffing like a steam train after all that whisky and turkey]

Swazi Tahr.
Fjallraven barents pro trousers
Devold merino underlayer, with high zip neck
Green merino buff
polypro or cotton undies
Barbour fingerless gloves, or soldier95 black leather mvp.
Normally a black thin merino smartwool hat
long wool socks.
barbour wellies.
dog whistle, lead, worn around my body
small penknife
iphone.
black poop bags.

50% of the time Im walking in water, above foot level on the paths. [A stream] And the rest of the time, the paths been eroded away.Or its thick mud. And theres some innocent looking spots on the moors now, where your suddenly straight in to your knee in peat. 3 times this morning, and the fog, or anti cyclonic gloom, never lifts. fog lights on all the way there and back.

This is walking high above the woodland, and around it, as its a longer route, but when im in the woods and its thick with mud, it amazes me the amount of time you bump into families trying to struggle through in trainers. Numpties.

Last edited:

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Our whippet is all skin and bone, like all whippets, and won't go out in the rain, even with her waxed green jacket on that matches mine :cool: she shivers and runs back inside :lmao:

Cheers, Paul

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I think my favourite combo when I still had a pooch was my hemp Tilley hat on my bonce, full length brown NZ Backhouse wax jacket with the shoulder cape, leather Barbour shooting gloves, Meindl Douvre Extreme boots, lead my mate mate for the dog, poo bags in pocket, horn dog whistle round my neck, some dog treats in the pocket (for other dogs I met, mine would rarely eat when out for a daunder) and my wooden walking stick with antler handle and alpine ferrule on the bottom for good purchase.
Always had a pen knife, lighter & rolly tin too. With that lot I was bound to be dry, cosy & comfortable.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Got a gore tex vizzy jacket of a cable jointer mate, thats my waterproofness sorted, Lowe Alpine Mountain Cap and pretty much everything else is the stuff I wear for work.

Might even get a dog:)

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I dont have a dog of my own but i go for a walk with a mate and his two along the coast here, old pair of innov8 boots jean barbour jacket and arc teryx beanie.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Sadly lost my boy at the beginning of December, but my coat of choice was a backhouse drovers coat with akubra hat & Dunlop willies, wore this combo for a number of years, but changed to a ridgeline monsoon, which I really like. If its just cold, then it was a buffalo special 6.

Rob

Sparky750

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2015
Merseyside
It looks like I'm sponsored by paramo (I wish)

Halcon jacket
Mountain vent top
Cascada or velez trews
Paramo beanie
Muck boot wellies or meindl boots with paramo gaiters depending how far we are going 2-3 miles wellies are fine any further they rub my heals a bit so proper boots on.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
No dog - I wear a roof and stone walls as much as possible ... when not possible I opt for a tin overcoat with a wheel at each corner .. made by Fiat.
Other than that ... I wait for a pause in the monsoon....

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Two dogs. One doesn't like the rain much but will do anything for a walk, even going out in the rain. The other doesn't notice the weather, no matter what it's doing. Three or four miles every morning.

My boots are the most important choice. Waterproof leather, half a size over and four or five pairs of socks, graded sizes.

Gaiters, cotton overalls, A poncho if it's wet, full waterproofs if it's really bad.

Mud usually at least up to the crotch, sometimes up to the armpits.

Shower afterwards. :)

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
Army jumper, dpm ripstop jacket, ffl ranger boots, all surplus, none of this branded stuff, gotta keep it cheap and cheerful :)

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
A walking Berghaus advert, have used their stuff for years and trust it to do what it says on the label ie keep me dry and never been disappointed yet. But a full list would read -
Salomen goretex boots
Sealskinz socks
Bridgedale socks
Berghaus Explorer trousers
Berghaus Hydroshell Overtrousers or AQ2 Overtrousers (depending on how heavy the rain is and how far I intend to walk)
Berghaus Base Layer
Berghaus Fleece
Berghaus Hydroshell Outer Jacket (or AQ2 Outer Jacket depending on how heavy the rain is and how far I intend to walk)
British Army issue DPM Gaiters
Jack Wolfskin Fleece hat
Sealskinz goretex gloves.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yeh, its interesting to see whats working
This weather gives things a real workout.
My Swazi tahr wetted out, the other week in extreme rain, where the zip is, wet patch around my solar plexis area.
The rain got in through the velcro, and also the top pocket filled up like a water bag as well.
Not something you'd expect.

Interesting to hear about your willies Woof. Which model are they, and where did you get them?

Last edited:

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Me, MOD Guards Goretex jacket, Karrimor water proof trainers or boots if at the park. I need a pair of over trousers, might have a look at some today.

My Westie / Scottie cross gives the most pathetic looks when I put a coat on her, mainly for our benifit to make drying her easier.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE