What wildlife did you spot today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Went on my first beaver watch last night to my local river. Saw lots of signs and tracks and was just about to head home when we were rewarded with a great sighting of Mr Beaver chomping on some willow followed by a wee paddle up river with a graceful flip as he disappeared under water. I don't think he had any idea we were there. Magical.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Emptying the last Dalek shaped compost bin (huge things, nearly as tall as I am) and a foot from the bottom I'm suddenly swarmed with bumble bees.
They've nested in the bottom of the centre core of dry-ish stuff :rolleyes:

Pleased to see them, but just not there, iimmc ?

In the end I used the hoe and tidied up the edges of the volcano shaped lump in the middle, put the bin back over it and just left it in peace.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Not today, but yesterday as I was walking the dog.
A Kingfisher flying low and level down the river, then ten to twenty feet behind it and not in quite as colourful suite, a Dipper.
Then as I was thinking it couldn't get much better a Heron took to the air from the river.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE