what makes great snare traps?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluefrog

Nomad
Apr 20, 2010
Tywyn North/Mid Wales
been trying to snare rabbits on my local farm but not managed to catch any, the last one i used broke, as the wire was too weak. never knew how strong the rabbits were.... could anyone give me any tips on what material to use and where to get it from?

thanks
ste.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
making myself, cheap method preferred

Hi Ste , I;m a bit concerned on two aspects , The First they ones you are using are potentially not Legal ( your call.. ) the second is that if they are sub-standard made and secured then you MAY be causing more harm to the Animal if it breaks away with part of a snare still attached to it.

Some snares off of Evil Bay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-RABBIT-SNA...Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item2a087d5c7a

Better tools to ensure a quick and humane dispatch to the Animal by ensuring it still there.
Just my opinion.

Bluefrog

Nomad
Apr 20, 2010
Tywyn North/Mid Wales
Hi Ste , I;m a bit concerned on two aspects , The First they ones you are using are potentially not Legal ( your call.. ) the second is that if they are sub-standard made and secured then you MAY be causing more harm to the Animal if it breaks away with part of a snare still attached to it.

Some snares off of Evil Bay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-RABBIT-SNA...Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item2a087d5c7a

Better tools to ensure a quick and humane dispatch to the Animal by ensuring it still there.
Just my opinion.

thanks mate. Ok them not cheap ones and deffinatly lawful. i prefer would to make my own, the ones you show me on ebay are hand made and look very good maybe ill buy them and attempt to copy them.

anyone else have any other ideas?

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
get a few of the pegged rabbit snares on here and have a read on how to use them if you're snaring fences then just get the snares on their own. don't believe any of the carp you get in most books about fist sized loops set 4 fingers high have a look at the site it'll tell you all you need to know.
no affiliation bla bla bla.

matt

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE