What is the fps of a 1.77 gat air pistol

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Wow, that's a blast from the past

Many a happy hour was spent shooting my mates sister's Cabbage Patch Dolls with a Gat.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I rekon about 3fps? More if you throw it at the same time :eek:

Bring back memories them,,

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Couple of pound, give it a squirt of Ventolin and it may go up a pound. I had one off my dad when I was six or seven and had a lot of fun with it.

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
contrary to popular belief they did in fact work on a compressed air system. part of the cast body was in fact a smoothed and polished cylinder the rear half..
around the rear of the barrel was a leather seal in the inside there was also another seal around the barrel connected to the inside frame work of the pistol..
those of us who had one will remember the screw pin used to push the pellet or dart down the the barrel.this pin also had a little leather washer from new!!!
the length of this pin was vital as when it was screwed tight it pushed the pellet just past a little tiny hole in the barrel. when you coked this little pistol the little hole came into play. as the barrel shoots forward when you pull the trigger the air caught in the cylinder has nowhere to go but through that little hole. forcing the pellet down the smoothbore barrel.
believe it or not these little pistols were actually slightly tunable by slight enlargement of that hole into a cone//jet...
and there we go a tuned gat gun....
as for fps I ant a clue!!!!!

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Not a lot. I once got hit in the head with one. I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt, but it didn't cause me any damage.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I remember mine puncturing coke cans bit not much else..

Used to shoot woodlice, nails and all sorts out of mine!

Being shot with one hurt but nothing compared to when someone shoots you with the extendo barrel! Seriously painful!

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I still have a scar on my left hand from slipping during cocking one... and the foresight slashing me :p

Love to put one over a chrono for a laugh!

al.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I think its fair to sat it's well within the 6lb/ft legal limit for airpistols without an FAC license...............

Andie

Jul 26, 2011
Alfreton,DerbyShire
but in all honesty my daystate air ranger with bisley magnums in .177 does 790 fps and that equates to 11.8ftlb and they are a HEAVY 10.6 grain but being classed as a pistol the law states max 6ftlb so in essence to your question i think your gatgun may push 150-200ftlb and i thing thats going WELL over the top

Last edited:

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
I used to have a couple of Diana pistols (similar to the Gat gun) and a Gat gun.

We used to fire maggots out of them at each other - an early form of paint balling pointed end first:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Richard

I had a Diana as a kid in the 80's. It looked a bit like a 9mm, all metal, much cooler than the Gat, but just as useless! No idea what model it was though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE