What has it got in its pocketses?......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Ok, following on from the "Why am I carrying...." thread, I notice quite a few of us have what I would describe as "Boy Scout Pockets"

My jean pockets usually carry a Swiss Army knife, a small torch, a lighter (I don't smoke) an antler whistle, a steel striker, my wallet, coin pouch and keys. I'll save the contents of my jacket for a later posting.

I've never weighed this little collection but I'm sure it adds to the wear on my shoes and pockets.

Lets face it most "normal" people do not carry stuff like this but manage to survive everyday life well enough.

I could justify most of these items in one way or another but I wonder......Do I just carry this lot because it may be useful or as some kind of "comfort blanket".

So what do you have in your pockets at this moment and why?.... ;)

allanscot

Apr 15, 2005
Scotland
At the moment wallet, usb stick, keys, swiss army knife, mag solitaire, mobile and a bottle opener shaped like a penguin!

When I’m out and about the back pockets are filled with paper/pens, firesteel and a lot of random junk ;)

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
i wear BDU trouwsers all the time. I got my wallet with cash, card and a swisscard in it. Victorinox huntsmen, mobile phone, ketchain with: p38, wenger exsecutive, glowring, whistle, led light and ferrosium rod. a FAK, lighter, lipbalsm, tissue's, ducttape and chewing gum.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
At the moment: in my trouser pockets ... 2 tissues, 20 eurocent :D , front door key :eek: ;)

In my jacket: wallet, mobile phone, sweets, 2 ******* (you know what, for you know for ;)), more tissues (having a bit of a cold at moment), pencil, bic pen, swiss pocket knife, lighter, plasters, spare set of contacts, usb stick (had to sort some stuff at uni this morning), that's about it.

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
In my left hip pocket I carry a credit card wallet for my ID and other papers I may need and a small starflash mirror fits perfect, as does a fresnel lens. My left front pocket contains a Puma 900 Earl, a small lighter (don't smoke) and a leather finger tab for shooting my bow and it also works as a strop of sorts. Right front pocket has a ring with P38 can opener, small whistle and LED light. My right hip pocket holds a pair of leather gloves.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I don't carry much in my pockets but do have a phone on my belt in addition to that stuff. I left off my QII since it nights aren't so dark but misplaced it so when I found it I put it back on.
keys, wallet, pens, UKPK, normaly a pair of rubber gloves as well

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My pocketses is a handbag (uhuh, I know, it's girlie thing) which measures about 10 x 4 x 15 cm. or 4" x 1 1/2 " x 6"
It's got,
purse, card wallet, business card wallet, small hussif, small f.a.kit, two hankies, door key, car key, comb, nailfile, pen, notebook, 8 mini essential oils, 6 kirbies, mini s.a. knife, lipsyl, perfume spray, mini torch, mobile phone, female essentials (spare your blushes guys), mascara, eyeliner, thimble, antihistamines, ibuprofen, 3 finds bags, mini colour pencils, silver pendant, tea bag, hone stone, opinel knife and a small bit of willow rope.

It's otherwise known as the tardis :D

Cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Wayland said:
Toddy; Sounds like "the Luggage" to me.....

OK so we've gone from Tolkien to Pratchett...... Shows me up for a geek I guess..

Uhuh, I don't do nail polish :) ;)

Forgot the wooden tablets for the inkle loom too. Okay, they don't usually live there :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Toddy

Reactions: Minotaur

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
:eek: firstly i feel normal again it's not ust me who carries pocket full of stuff.
in my pocket a gerber folder, keys, phone, small swiss army knife today whilst wearing a suit tinder dont ask it was there and dry so i picked it up (some lovely dry silver birch outer layer) BASC id card whistle made out of end of cartridges.
and thats when im suited and booted if i am off well who knows!

ronsos

Forager
Dec 10, 2004
homer simpson keyring with leatherman micra,metal whistle,photon torch,whistle ,house and car keys attached.ventolin inhaler,mobile, , work id badge,polos and some brufen tabs in pockets.oh and a grayish greeny lump that may have been a tissue at one time....it seems to be moving......

Moine

Forager
Left short pocket : bic lighter.
Right short pocket : nothing at all.

Aroung my neck (with paracord braiding), a KJ Eriksson #1 Mora. Sharp as they can get.

Could you guys spend a few days in the bush with what you have on you ?

Right now, I realize it would be hard. I'd miss a container to boil/store water (I'd have to make one out of wood, I guess). I'd also miss my teddy bear quite a lot...

David

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE