What do you not eat that therefore makes you "weird"?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Kippered herring can't get past the smell.
Oysters looks like something I blew out of my nose.
Liver used to work in a grocery store. I was the guy that had to clean up the mess when they sliced and packaged it.
I don't like chicken for the reason above.
Nasty stuff to properly clean out a meat saw.
Jon

I think you've just discribed everything I like. :)

Reactions: zornt and Broch

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Baked beans. I'm not a fussy eater and will eat almost anything but I can't stand beans. I don't really have much of a sweet tooth either and if we're out for a meal I never have dessert which people tend to think makes me a freak.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Baked beans. I'm not a fussy eater and will eat almost anything but I can't stand beans. I don't really have much of a sweet tooth either and if we're out for a meal I never have dessert which people tend to think makes me a freak.

I'm with you on the dessert in some ways..
I'm cyclic with foods, I'll binge sweet stuff and that's me done for a period of time... I find dessert is an unnecessary end to a meal out... I'd rather just have another steak :tongue:

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
E-gads!
That's not weird, that's offensive.
Bacon is like manna from nirvana.

Crikey.

I'm still coming to terms with what you've said...
The non-streaky type that's more like thin "ordinary" pork cuts is OKish (not that I would choose to eat it, if I had the option, but as long as I don't smell it being fried it it doesn't make me reach for the nearest bucket), but any thing streaky or with a "bacon flavour" is enough to turn my stomach. That trend a few years back of putting lardons in absolutely everything was a real pain for me. Why ruin perfectly good green peas, for instance?

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
That's a horror that I hadn't even thought of! (I normally don't stay in that sort of campsite.)

I learnt the hard way that if I have to fry up bacon for a group, I need to line my stomach with some bland carbs first.

• Wow
Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
It doesn't make me weird per se, but I don't eat rhubarb. When I was very young I caught a gastric virus, which wasn't exactly life threatening but wasn't too far off it. The last thing I'd eaten before my digestive system opened at both ends was rhubarb and custard. It's nearly 50 years since and every rational part of me knows the rhubarb has nothing to do with the illness, but the very smell of it still makes me queasy.

What does make me weird apparently is that I dislike "roast dinner". Yes your mum's, yes the one in your local, yes, all of them. It's just not a combination of foods I enjoy. I've seriously had people become physically aggressive, more than once, when I've "admitted" this.

Reactions: Glass-Wood-Steel

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
What does make me weird apparently is that I dislike "roast dinner". Yes your mum's, yes the one in your local, yes, all of them. It's just not a combination of foods I enjoy. I've seriously had people become physically aggressive, more than once, when I've "admitted" this.

Physically aggressive??...justifiably so I'd say!

• Haha
Reactions: wookii and ONE

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I carry an epi-pen for cleg bites, but your allergy is scary. Gin is such a big bit of bar/ cocktail mixes, that it must be really hard to avoid. At least mine is limited to just a few months of the year. You don't get a break.
The best way to avoid it is to be the bartender. Makes sure I know what goes in my drinks. The last time I had a gin it took two Epipens to bring me back but I am a big lad, as they say round these parts.

Reactions: Toddy

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I consider baked beans to be an ingredient badly in need of help.
Fine dice bacon, fine dice fried onion, garlic powder, maybe soy sauce and certainly Worcestershire or Tabasco Jalapeno.

There's nothing that you can do to convince me that refried Tex/Mex beans are good to eat.

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
I consider baked beans to be an ingredient badly in need of help.
Fine dice bacon, fine dice fried onion, garlic powder, maybe soy sauce and certainly Worcestershire or Tabasco Jalapeno.

There's nothing that you can do to convince me that refried Tex/Mex beans are good to eat.
Baked beans - fine.

Refried beans - what the heck did this used to be??
It's not that I dislike the taste, but I don't much like them either....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Robson Valley

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think they're okay if they're mashed up and made like a dip. Add paprika and some finely shredded celery leaves and have it with tortilla chips and sour cream.

Otherwise, yeah, that's compost.

Potatohead

Jul 1, 2020
Surrey... near a tree :)
Oysters :hungover:

For me they are akin to what I imagine licking snot from an ashtray would be like.....

Hateful things along with most other similar whelks, mussles, winkles etc.
Just walking past one of these stands makes me wretch.

I do like non-fishy fish though.

Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I can eat pretty much anything but I'll avoid boiled sprouts, boiled cabbage, almost anything with barbeque flavouring on it (tastes pretty chemical to me) and shellfish must be cooked cos I don't fancy hepititis or gastroenteritis from em.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Cucumbers. Don't mind em in a gin, the flavour of the juice is fine but actually eating cucumber turns me.

Radishes too, I've tried to like them but I just can't stand them.

I'm sure there's more that I can't quite think of.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Another observation of this thread, do people still dislike stuff that they grow or cook themselves? With brussels for example, I hate them boiled for hours on end but if I lightly cook them they're fine and grown and cooked by myself they're quite pleasant. Same with cucumbers, shop bought are often disgusting, freshly picked home grown ones a great for simply snacking on.

Reactions: wookii

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE