What do you Canadians think about this?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
I don't know about Canadians, but I think it's a damn good idea. Hopefully other countries will follow their lead. :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
This is brilliant because it helps everybody.

Too much enviromental legislation simply locks resources away, often from people who have little else

moko

Forager
Apr 28, 2005
out there
I was in that neck of the woods a couple of summers ago and it is a beautiful part of the world. This is great news and leads the way for other countries to do the same both for the environment and for their first nation people, especially in Africa.

I think that the grizzlies stacked the voting..
Most of us believe it's great, though it will involve some lost jobs in logging and mining in some areas. There's lots of logging going on with beetle killed pines in other areas right now.
From what I've heard so far, it's a fine thing, but I'm a little suspicious of fine things from our government.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
OldJimbo said:
I think that the grizzlies stacked the voting..
Most of us believe it's great, though it will involve some lost jobs in logging and mining in some areas. There's lots of logging going on with beetle killed pines in other areas right now.
From what I've heard so far, it's a fine thing, but I'm a little suspicious of fine things from our government.

:lmao: A wise and experienced man!

PG

We have a provincial government which cut safety checks and environmental checks on logging - over 40 deaths in the woods last year.. After they sold BC rail, we had derailments putting toxic chemicals into rivers. The federal transportation people had to step in to limit train lengths which went two miles long - after the province refused to get involved.
Not surprisingly, I'm wondering just what I'm going to find out about tradeoffs later...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE