What do I do?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
Hum. Quite confused right now. It's a boring tale but bear with me.

I ordered two Fallkniven f1's from an ebay knife store. After two weeks they hadn't turned up, so I emailed the seller to see what was going on. eventually he got back to me and said he would fwd me the shipping details. He didn't, and over the next week refused to respond to five emails, sent through 1.) normal email, 2.) ebay message, 3.)his online store message service.
As a last resort I reported him to paypal. He then instantly refunded my money.

Now here's the thing: I left him negative feedback, saying that he had refused to respond to my emails and requests for a refund. I added that if he could give me one sign he was legitimate, I would withdraw my feedback.
He then left ME negative feedback, saying that I had received a refund and had then left him negative feedback, urging others to blacklist me.

Am I in the right, or have I totally overreacted?

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
wentworth said:
Hum. Quite confused right now. It's a boring tale but bear with me.

I ordered two Fallkniven f1's from an ebay knife store. After two weeks they hadn't turned up, so I emailed the seller to see what was going on. eventually he got back to me and said he would fwd me the shipping details. He didn't, and over the next week refused to respond to five emails, sent through 1.) normal email, 2.) ebay message, 3.)his online store message service.
As a last resort I reported him to paypal. He then instantly refunded my money.

Now here's the thing: I left him negative feedback, saying that he had refused to respond to my emails and requests for a refund. I added that if he could give me one sign he was legitimate, I would withdraw my feedback.
He then left ME negative feedback, saying that I had received a refund and had then left him negative feedback, urging others to blacklist me.

Am I in the right, or have I totally overreacted?

I suggest you take it up with Ebay and see if they'll remove the feedback for you.

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
I don not think you are over reacting at all. There are individuals who we all deal with on ebay from time to time who are very poor business people. They have no idea about communicating with their customers or customer service. I man how long does it take just to fire off a quick email to someone regarding an order or request? Then if you comment on their shoddy service, they retort with offensive feedback. I have had similar dealings in the past and would simply report the matter to the ebay officials outlinning what has happened and demand the negative feedback be removed. I hope this does not spoil you future dealings on ebay, despite the odd ignorant person in between, it is actually quite good.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Lardbloke,

I think you are quite right to complain, he offered you a service that he was unwilling or unable to provide, I have had a similar experience myself and the seller did the same thing to me, leaving me negative feedback. I complained to ebay and they removed his feedback for me. Complain to them and see what happens.

Brian

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Seller is in the wrong and you should contact ebay and explain the situation. If you used the contact the seller link on the auction page for all of your correspondence, ebay should have all the information to make a sound judgement, you just need to get them involved.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I'd certainly complain, but I don't know how far they'd help in getting your money back. If you've paid by Paypal, you might well be in with a chance as it seems to favour the buyer from what I've read and also as it's linked to Ebay they'll be able to see if you have had a refund or not.

Failing that, go along to your local police station and report it - it's a case of theft surely?

*worst case scenario* I presume you have the address of the seller......

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
That'll teach me to read properly! :rolleyes: In that case, contact ebay and explain the situation.

I've had a similar case before, where the buyer refused to pay and then offered me a lower amount instead. Ebay cancelled his negative feedback and banned him. It should work out. It will help (as someone above says), if you've used Ebay's own contact system, then they'll be able to see all correspondence.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE