What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
It came with the usual steep secondary bevel edge, not good for wood. Took a bit of time grinding down the edge to a lower angle, probably have a bit more that could come off it. It gets REALLY sharp and seems to hold it well so far. Surprisingly comfortable handle given how short and slim it is.
Seems to be the way more often than not. One of the worst I bought was the Condor Mayflower. The edge was so wide it was absolutely useless but I took it back to about 13 degrees each side and it's a cracking little whittling knife now.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
$50 Asian bone cleaver. About 6mm thick at the spine. Lots of bone-in meat cuts that I'd like to cut into halves. Looks to be very bash-worthy. Have to make some sort of a mask for it.

John Elstob

Forager
Aug 18, 2019
Darlington
We call those pipe bombs over here.! :)

I recognised the humour without even checking your location lmao
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
So nearish to us is Trago mills, I bought a padded check builders shirt for about £14. It's not the greatest fit for gorilla length arms, but I got as an overtop if I'm by campfires and I don't want sparks to burn my down jacket. Quite comfy actually.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I bought a German Army woolen shirt for £25. Two breast pockets, I internal pocket, lined collar, reinforced elbows and sleeves that can be rolled up. It does have a tear in the sleeve I did not initially notice, but that is easily fixed.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Yesterday, friend and I went into Taunton, and did a massive charity shop trawl. I found a hanging griddle for the campfire for a fiver, and two nice linnen shirts for the summer.
Also bought some onion and shallot sets , plus some more herbs for the garden from a street stall.
Popped into poundland, and stocked up on basic medical supplies for a spare fak. Very good value for the basics.
Hit the wool and sewing shop with a vengeance! Sewing and knitting supplies took up two carrier bags!
Missing my local haberdashery, and it was fun stocking up for the many projects in the pipeline.
Then I found a split cane fishing rod for a tenner. Needs some work but it's basically in good condition, and won't be hard to get into a sellable state. Should be a good profit on that!

Reactions: SaraR and Ozmundo

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Trangia gel burner. My home made ones made from foil and the reused lip balm tins having gone a bit manky. :(

Owned for some time but used the Pie man custom for the first time. Instead of just looking at it and picking up the Mora. :D

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Another visit to town, this time for a medical appointment, but I had some spare time, so visited the army store and picked up a hexistove and some extra blocks for my vintage camping kit, as my old one (from the 1970s) was very very rusty having not been used for an awfully loooong time. Now I have everything. Looking forward to may and camping the old fashoned way, at a minimalist site I've found..(loo, cold water tap, and absolutely nothing else in the way of amenities)
Is it cheating to add an air bed for my older and acheyer bones?

Reactions: moocher and Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
A thread here on button compasses prompted me to buy myself another CountyComm SERE brass button. I miss mine, Lara wore it as a pendant for years but it disappeared somewhere.

gibson 175

Apr 9, 2022
West Yorkshire
Another visit to town, this time for a medical appointment, but I had some spare time, so visited the army store and picked up a hexistove and some extra blocks for my vintage camping kit, as my old one (from the 1970s) was very very rusty having not been used for an awfully loooong time. Now I have everything. Looking forward to may and camping the old fashoned way, at a minimalist site I've found..(loo, cold water tap, and absolutely nothing else in the way of amenities)
Is it cheating to add an air bed for my older and acheyer bones?
Where is the minimalist campsite? What is it called? I like those type of sites.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE