What are your favourite pocket knives?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I've increased my pocketknife collection this year but so far have found 2 to be firm favourites.
At home and out and about it's a Case Sodbuster Junior carbon.
For work it's a QSP Penguin Mini. I know this is a locking knife, so doesn't really fit the OPs criteria, but the one handed opening massively increases its usefulness at work for me.

I’m not sure we don’t share a bit of common ancestry. I think your yellow handled knife there is an AG Russell, but could be wrong.

Not all these are in daily rotation, but those that are are in the second pic. The Civivi Baby Banter is a little gem of a knife, and only upside down because the torch that was on turbo to provide the lighting was getting too hot :)

IMG_3474.jpegIMG_3477.jpeg

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The yellow handled one in my picture is the Case Sodbuster Jr I referenced. Does look quite similar to to your Russell though. :cool:
I had a QSP Penguin before the mini came out, a handy knife, gifted to a chippy friend who kept admiring it. Haven’t tried a mini, I suspect it’s satisfying like the Baby Banter which really pops open on the stud nicely.

firedfromthecircus

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2014
there
I had a QSP Penguin before the mini came out, a handy knife, gifted to a chippy friend who kept admiring it. Haven’t tried a mini, I suspect it’s satisfying like the Baby Banter which really pops open on the stud nicely.
It's a really nice knife for the price. No complaints at all. It's a ballbearing pivot and the fit and finish seems good to my eyes. Handy little size as well.

Reactions: Nice65

Glass-Wood-Steel

Jul 31, 2016
Cheshire
My current gave carry for EDC is a SAK Huntsman with scales upgraded to fit a pen. My work carry has been a Spyderco Pingo for a good while now.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Dug this one out this morning for the not so often rotation, Rodgers, Sheffield.

Not quite as pristine as the photo shows, has a few light sharpening scratches, which i might try and polish out this afternoon as i have nothing better to do.

53384992662_aa21455459_c.jpg

Reactions: Macaroon and Robbi
i carried a 55mm victorinox (cadet?!) for 27years until i lost it with my other tools 5years ago , the only other folding knife i owned until recently is an opinel#10(for carving), a few weeks ago i got a tiny Buck (525?!)and 2 gerber (one o.k.isch one and one named after guy drinking his own pee -- relax, they're just "beater knives" around my household :p ) when helping a friend to sort her stuff.
my edc are a leatherman surge for outside and a 14"machete on the farm -- living in Costa Rica sometimes has advantages :cool:

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Kadushu when it does arrive could you let me know what the Handle width is please, As I have the TBS BOAR Scandi and I'm thinking that the Badger may be a better option for my needs, but I love the Grip of the Boar.
Cheers

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I've come to the sad conclusion that my SAK Fieldmaster is the perfect knife for me. As much as I loved the Farmer and as much as I want a shiny folder with one handed opening, a deep-carry clip and better steel, I have to admit that The SAK does everything I need. When I do need more I'm generally on private property and can pick something better but for everyday the SAK is unbeatable. It just reminds me of when I had to sell my Defender to get a car that could fit kid seats in the back. The new car is the best car I've ever owned, but it is very boring. :rolleyes:

Reactions: slasha9

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Rough Ryder Reserve Barback for me everyday edc in my pocket. If I’m on my way to work ( at the bar ) it is joined by a Laguiole knife with a corkscrew which isn’t really Uk edc legal, but I have good reason to carry to work.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Rough Ryder Reserve Barback for me everyday edc in my pocket. If I’m on my way to work ( at the bar ) it is joined by a Laguiole knife with a corkscrew which isn’t really Uk edc legal, but I have good reason to carry to work.
Gotta love ‘good reason’. When I was out doing tree work or powerline surveys daily I could carry anything I felt like. It was usually a Tenacious (best Spyderco for buttering baps ever), or the Griptilian you can see in the pic above (Sugru chainsaw damage repair). I had a Cold Steel Rajah II on the go for a bit, totally overkill but ace at hacking through bramble.

Reactions: plastic-ninja

jcr71

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2014
hampshire
i have a Sak Manager with my door keys, so it comes with me everywhere. i think its a great little tool and would replace it without hesitation were i to lose it.
i usually also have a Spyderco as well. Urban i think?
i wear Craghoppers Kiwi trousers and keep the Spydi in the leg pocket where i can take it out and open it with just one hand which is quite handy.

were it not for the UK's ridiculous knife laws i would carry my Vic Spirit X and Chinese Sbrenza replica.

The puffin squire

May 19, 2020
Kent
My current favorite is Great Eastern Cutlery GEC Tidioute #59 Shaffer Farm Whittler
Great old fashioned gentlemens pocket knife.
Holds a godd razor sharp edge and easy to sharpen

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

jcr71

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2014
hampshire
SRM710 by any chance? Or a newer type.
I remember some years ago the 710's being all over the internet! I still have one....
yep thats the one.
i picked a couple up at the time. one smaller than the other.
feel really nice in the hand. and so cheap that abusing/losing wouldnt be an issue.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE