What are you working on?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
I've been working off and on for quite some time on this piece of birch, so long in fact that it's completely dried out now and is tough going. I'm not even sure what it is -a dipper of some sort I suppose:) And hopefully I'll eventually finish it:eek:
Anyone else with projects in the works?
IMG_3955_zps26100fae.jpg

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Wow - that would be perfect for a canning ladle - or for serving punch if you are posh ;)

Sorry - our stuff is really prosaic right now.

Today involved:

Planting a load of raspberry canes along the new stock fence I put in last week

Planted a couple of 8' tall oak trees to increase our habitat diversity

Started cucumbers, tomatoes and chillis in the propogators

I need to take some time next week and build some heavy duty greenhouse staging, prune the gooseberries into a goblet shape, split last years layers out and peg down this years layers - aiming for 30+ gooseberry bushes in the end.

I have a couple of blackcurrant bushes and a couple of Juneberries to find a home for as well......

Nothing deserving of a photo - all very dull

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I'm currently transforming this plunge dyed, veg tanned 1.5 mm goat leather;
DSCF7950.jpg

into this;
DSCF8135.jpg

I'm also turning some old canvas into this;
DSCF8137.jpg

...And this
DSCF8139.jpg

sorry for the crappy pics, it's the best I can do at this time of the evening :)

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I'm currently transforming this plunge dyed, veg tanned 1.5 mm goat leather; into this; *Picture of extrememly classy leather bush hat*
:)
Thats gorgeous! I'd been looking for a tutorial online and not come up with anything.... is this coming straight out of your head via your enviable skills, or is there a linky you might share, BTM?

I'm making a laavu, trying to relearn how to knit socks and upcycling a spindle for the woodlands.... with an hour a day, I really shouldn't be on here looking at more fabulous inspiration ;) Lovely 'makes', folks!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Bust making pouches, sporrans, flint and steel kits, spoons etc ready for the "prehistoric fairs" I am booked on this summer....

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Funny you mention that - I have the remains of an 8x4' sheet of 18mm exterior grade ply wood :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE