What a lovely evening...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just had a stroll with BB (my lass), walked up the track leading from the cottage to the back woods (about 200 yards). Standing at the end of the lane we heard a loud barking..it got closer. Out from the woods cam a Roe deer doe..chased by a larger darker buck. It was twighlight and we were still and quiet..The buck barked and moved towards the doe who moved away..he lost interest and started browsing over the field towards us. The doe followed him. The wind was from them into our faces. They eventually passed us in the failing light within 10 yards.

All the time the barn owls were calling, mixing in with the raucous calls of cock phesants calling mates and territory. Just briefly as the light failed a buzzard joined in.

Smiling, we walked the 200 yards home as long eared bats (and one larger one) flew within three feet of our heads

Alls right with the world ;)

Red

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
What a fantastic evening. You are a lucky man. I had a roe deer at my gate this morning, they really are fantastic creatures. During the winter we were feeding 40 pheasants who came to our bird table along with two red squirrels. All makes life worth living doesn't it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE