West Mdlands Meet - Summer'08

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
is it too late to get in on this? my personal circumstances make it very difficult for me to commit to things in advance but i'm almost certain that i'd be able to get out for at least one night.

stuart

I've added you to the list.

decorum - hammock (probably ground dwelling instead).
Mesquite + possible 2 extra - Tarp.
maverick - hammock.
Bootstrap Bob - tarp and bivvi,
Wallenstein - tent.
Scrumpy - Scrumpy jr - Hammocks.
Woodstock -hammock.
T1tch - hammock.
Cobweb+Bramble+2 (if possible/real life allowing - confirm once date is set).
Wayland - Hammock + Mega tarp again.
Bodge + 2 or 3 or 4 - tents hammocks and tarps and kitchen sinks.
corr - tarp - hope so.
PJMcBear - Hammock.
WhichDoctor - Tent.
Dingo + 2 hammock & tent.
EEM tent (one night) -
Thunderbeard - Hammock.
shaggystu -

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
From post #19

The forrestry bit's done now (the saw was given back to swmbo) and we'll be giving a fair chunk of cash to the site through fees - so if a raffle happens, and lack of any feedback isn't making it look like a very popular idea, how about all raffle proceeds going to aid the running of BcUK? At the end of the day we can only go to the Meets because this site exists.

I would be up for that Decorum im sure I could find something to aid a great site I have also been in contact with Sally to join the moot and become a full member I had a idea to boost subscriptions why don't they print aid memoir a of bushcraft skills, tips and hints in a laminated booklet form we could glean info from past and present posts

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Just a update to mine

maverick - hammock.
Wallenstein - tent.
Woodstock + Mrs Woodstock + tent and -hammock.
T1tch - hammock.
corr - tarp - hope so.
PJMcBear - Hammock.
WhichDoctor - Tent.
EEM tent (one night) -
Thunderbeard - Hammock.
shaggystu -

xylaria

maverick - hammock.
Wallenstein - tent.
T1tch - hammock.
corr - tarp - hope so.
PJMcBear - Hammock.
WhichDoctor - Tent.
EEM tent (one night) -
Thunderbeard - Hammock.
shaggystu
Xylaria + tribe (2 adults+2children in all)

I presume the £25 an hour is the group rate for the rifle range, not the individual rate. We would be very interested in both the archery and the rifles. I will sign the pdf for the kids. My son is eight is there is minium age/hieght limit on the rifles?

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I think a raffle is a great Idea, I'd participate.. although I haven't really got any spare stuff, I'll have a dig around and see if I can come up with something, I think Woodstock's idea of the proceeds going to BcUK is a good one, he's right, if it wasn't for all the hard work done by Tony and the gang we wouldn't be here and the server switch was probably pretty expensive for a site this size, I know it was when I moved my sites and they are pretty small.

If this goes ahead, then we need to know who to give the stuff to and the money for the draw...

Decorum, you're sorting out site fees, the rifle range and archery, I don't think it's fair to ask you to do this unless you really want to?

Otherwise I think it would be a good idea if someone nominated themselves to be raffle leader :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I presume the £25 an hour is the group rate for the rifle range, not the individual rate. We would be very interested in both the archery and the rifles. I will sign the pdf for the kids. My son is eight is there is minium age/hieght limit on the rifles?

That's correct - the fee is for the use of the range for an hour (whether it's one or twelve people)

...... although I haven't really got any spare stuff, I'll have a dig around and see if I can come up with something ......

Fire fork???? (or other type thing(s) ) - Have you seen how much Crampballs can fetch on ebay? :Wow:

...... If this goes ahead, then we need to know who to give the stuff to and the money for the draw...

Decorum, you're sorting out site fees, the rifle range and archery, I don't think it's fair to ask you to do this unless you really want to?

All part and parcel of being the organiser :deal: . I've no problem sorting the raffle bits - although, to ensure fairness is seen to be in practice, I think that at least one other person should be involved.
Because of the growth in numbers at our Meets I'm going to have to have a list for this one - just to keep track of payments, change, activities etc - so sticking who's paid for entry (and how many tickets) into the raffle isn't any extra effort.

Meet List.

decorum + poss 1 extra - ground dwelling for this one.
Mesquite + poss 2 extra - Tarp.
maverick - hammock.
Wallenstein - tent.
T1tch - hammock.
corr - tarp - hope so.
PJMcBear - Hammock.
WhichDoctor - Tent.
EEM tent (one night) -
Thunderbeard - Hammock.
shaggystu

Shooting List:

Note.

I need reasonably accurate numbers for those who want to shoot on the ranges as I need to pre-book the sessions.

Mesquite (+ possible 2 extra) - Archery and Air rifle (Mesquite - is this a possible 3 shooting for rifle, for bow or for rifle and bow?)
maverick - Archery and air rifle.
Bootstrap Bob - Archery.
Wallenstein - rifles.
WhichDoctor - Archery and Air rifle.
Xylaria + tribe - Archery and air rifle (As far as I'm aware the only limit is that all shooters can hold and aim in a safe manner - Mini'mrX is certainly tall enough for both ranges).
decorum - both - if needed to make up numbers.

Anyone else?

IMPORTANT NOTE!:

Whilst I'm remembering - There is a legal requirement for using airrifles. Each participant must declare (and sign a form) stating that there is no legal restriction on them using any form of fire arm. This is the pdf file that needs to be filled out - parents need to sign for the children.
If you do not fill out and sign the form(s) you, or your child, will not even be allowed to pick a rifle up. - This note refers solely to using the airrifles and does not apply to archery.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
All part and parcel of being the organiser :deal: . I've no problem sorting the raffle bits - although, to ensure fairness is seen to be in practice, I think that at least one other person should be involved.

I don't mid stepping into the breach to make sure fair play prevails :nono: or if anyone else would prefer to do it feel free
your doing a grand job decorum just let us know what we can do to help you make everything run smoothly

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
...... I don't mid stepping into the breach to make sure fair play prevails :nono: or if anyone else would prefer to do it feel free ......

Thanks woodstock. That's two - anyone up for being the third and final, bod?

...... just let us know what we can do to help you make everything run smoothly

Thanks for the offer - on the whole sorting stuff out, in the (long) time frame we're working with, is a bit like a 'Texas Pick-Up' mixed with Matrix 'bullet time'.
The nipping around that folks do at the Meets is the really important help - at some point I'll remember to leave my 'scouty head' at home :naughty: .

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Hope i'm not too late to join the Midlands Moot ?

Meet List.

Mesquite + poss 2 extra - Tarp.
maverick - hammock.
Wallenstein - tent.
T1tch - hammock.
corr - tarp - hope so.
PJMcBear - Hammock.
WhichDoctor - Tent.
EEM tent (one night) -
Thunderbeard - Hammock.
shaggystu
Andy2112 + 1. tents
Shooting List:

Note.

I need reasonably accurate numbers for those who want to shoot on the ranges as I need to pre-book the sessions.
Andy2112 +1 Archery
Mesquite (+ possible 2 extra) - Archery and Air rifle (Mesquite - is this a possible 3 shooting for rifle, for bow or for rifle and bow?)
Bootstrap Bob - Archery.
Wallenstein - rifles.
Xylaria + tribe - Archery and air rifle (As far as I'm aware the only limit is that all shooters can hold and aim in a safe manner - Mini'mrX is certainly tall enough for both ranges).

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Meet List.

Mesquite + 2 extra - Tarp.
maverick - hammock.
Wallenstein - tent.
T1tch - hammock.
corr - tarp - hope so.
PJMcBear - Hammock.
WhichDoctor - Tent.
EEM tent (one night) -
Thunderbeard - Hammock.
shaggystu

Shooting List:

Note.

Mesquite (+ 2 extra) - Archery and Air rifle (Mesquite - is this a possible 3 shooting for rifle, for bow or for rifle and bow?)
Bootstrap Bob - Archery.
Wallenstein - rifles.
Sorry Dec, what with all the probs last week with logging on and then me going away I wasn't able to confirm things. It's definately 3 for archery and air rifles for myself, my son and his friend. I'll get the forms signed up asap when I actually return home as I'm not in a position to sort hings til beginning of next week.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I'll get the forms signed up asap when I actually return home as I'm not in a position to sort hings til beginning of next week.

There's no rush as the forms need to be handed in on the day of the activity - so I've no need for them for a month and a bit. If the forms are dated more than a day or so prior to the activity the site will (probably) ask for another to be filled in.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
swmbo will be joining me on the condition that we can find someone daft enough to look after the hound for the weekend!

Mesquite + 2 extra - Tarp.
maverick - hammock.
Wallenstein - tent.
T1tch - hammock.
corr - tarp - hope so.
PJMcBear - Hammock.
WhichDoctor - Tent.
EEM tent (one night) -
Thunderbeard - Hammock.
shaggystu + 1 - tarp and bivvis

stuart

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Not sure if Ill be able to come this time, but if anyone finds an O ring for a trianga stove, its mine!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
...... if anyone finds an O ring for a trianga stove ......

I should be on site at some time this weekend. I'll take it would have (probably) dropped reasonably close to where you were pitched. I'll have a look for it whilst looking for PJMcB's steel.

EDIT: If you don't/can't get down I'll ask someone who's going to the Moot two weeks later to deliver it.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Thanks woodstock. That's two - anyone up for being the third and final, bod?

Seeing as I suggested everyone to bring something for the raffle I'll put myself forward as the 3 bod :)

At this rate and with a more than a month to go, I'm considering whether I'll need to book P.S. ten too :lmao:

By my rough calculations we're now up to 35 adults and kids so it may well be a good idea to book the extra pitch so we've plenty of room to spread out.

Way this seems to be growing you might end having to book the entire wood for the next summers moot to accomadate everyone :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Seeing as I suggested everyone to bring something for the raffle I'll put myself forward as the 3 bod :)

Thanks for volunteering.

By my rough calculations we're now up to 35 adults and kids so it may well be a good idea to book the extra pitch so we've plenty of room to spread out.

Well, we started off in mid October last year with 9 people (two did single nights) and we seem to have grown a bit each time (My tally sheet agrees with your rough calculation).

Way this seems to be growing you might end having to book the entire wood for the next summers moot to accomadate everyone :D

Er, yeah ...... :yikes: the whole site can be booked - and every so often that's exactly what the LARPing bods do (No idea what it'd cost though :dunno: :yikes: ). It'll be a good old while before we rival the Moot though :lmao:.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire

Could also be a big'un if we held a meet on the same weekend as the Outdoors show too - which I've already considered offering (the N.E.C is about 10 miles from the site). Can you imagine walking up to stalls and asking for a group buy discounts?

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i've just been trying to sort transport out for me and the missus and i've come across a slight hitch, it would appear that there are no trains running from tile hill station to birmingham on the sunday, instead there's a bus service on offer. now, don't get me wrong i'm not the kind of snob that refuses to travel on buses, it's just the fact that a twenty minute train ride becomes an hour and seventeen minutes on the bus!?!? so (cheeky smile primed and at the ready) any chance of a lift to coventry from one of you lovely lovely people? it'll be me, my better half, and numerous large bags full of sticks and mud. sorry for being so cheeky i just don't fancy adding over an hour onto my journey home.

cheers,
stuart

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
...... If you remember where I was pitched, it's on a branch of the left hand tree ......

I think it's grown legs - if I went to the correct location.

...... if anyone finds an O ring for a trianga stove ......

No luck here either - sorry.

...... it would appear that there are no trains running from tile hill station to birmingham on the sunday ......

Can't help here either. Not doing very well today am I!

EDIT: Added to that is the wood store which contains the log seats is now inaccessible :( . I know that the site was after a spare key from the 'owners' but I'll not hold my breath :deal:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE