West Country Wander Again

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
A couple of months back I organised a little day walk for a few of us down here in the west.
Now for those who can't wait for the Widecombe meet, I thought I would put together another midweek walk.
I can do either Wednesday or Thursday next week and will probably choose one of the moors wooded valleys (perhaps a little "obstacle crossing" if the weather is warm).
Please let me know if any of you are interested.
Neil

luxor1

May 23, 2005
exeter
Neil1 said:
A couple of months back I organised a little day walk for a few of us down here in the west.
Now for those who can't wait for the Widecombe meet, I thought I would put together another midweek walk.
I can do either Wednesday or Thursday next week and will probably choose one of the moors wooded valleys (perhaps a little "obstacle crossing" if the weather is warm).
Please let me know if any of you are interested.
Neil
hi if its thursday i would be interested if not to far away.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
OK, lets go for Thursday.
Meet @ New Bridge car park (follow Holne Chase from Ashburton), those interested PM me for a kit list you will need, as we will cover a few basic subjects on the day.
I can pick up in Exeter if anyone needs a lift, but places are limited, again PM me for details.
Neil

luxor1

May 23, 2005
exeter
i just want to say a big thank you to neil1 and leon1 for making this a great day out, and for taking the time and trouble to help out a newby to bushcraft.
thanks again guys.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
It was my pleasure Tim, its always good to pass on skills, that is the how this knowledge should be shared - freely.
Best of luck on your course, I hope you are a little more wise as to what you need when you are packing for it.
Neil
PS - I'll let you know when I'm out & about next.
Neil

luxor1

May 23, 2005
exeter
yes a lot lot wiser now, :D thank you.
yes ill be there on the next one if i can get the day off.
thanks again to you both.

leon-1

Well here are a few pictures from Thursday :)

This was where we did the River Crossing :D

areaforrivercrossing5yb.jpg

This is Neil1 standing (modelling the BCUK T-shirt and bushcraft sarong (shemagh)) and luxorone after the river crossing :D

neil1andluxoroneafterrivercros.jpg

and for anyone that was on the Dartmoor meet last year the water was exactly the same............................................................................. lovely :D

After we had a brew Neil1 showed luxorone one of the hammocks that he has made :cool:

timinahammock9zw.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE