We're back !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Been away in beautiful Canada for a while (after riding my bike to the Algarve & back) and now we're back in good old blighty. I WANNA MOVE TO CANADA !!! :(

Thousands of miles of pristine forests, deep blue lakes, bears, wolves, caribou, elk, no traffic, cheap housing, good jobs, no chav's

It's a dream come true :)

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Mighty Oak hath returned :D :D did you start a Canadian Chapter of the Bushcrafti on you travels?

I thought we hadn't heard much out of you for a while!! Glad you had a good time! :cool:

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
maddave said:
Been away in beautiful Canada for a while (after riding my bike to the Algarve & back) and now we're back in good old blighty. I WANNA MOVE TO CANADA !!! :(

Thousands of miles of pristine forests, deep blue lakes, bears, wolves, caribou, elk, no traffic, cheap housing, good jobs, no chav's

Yeah but you get the Americans for neighbours :eek:

;) Tant

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
maddave said:

What kind of job do they have and are looking for. What is a price for a house over there.

thanks
cheers
Abbe

leon-1

Welcome back MD, I have only been there a few times and I always came back with the feeling that you have now, don't worry that feeling wears off in 10 maybe 11years time :D (I was last there six years ago and you appear to of re-kindled the flame).

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Abbe Osram said:
What kind of job do they have and are looking for. What is a price for a house over there.

I've been looking at house prices in Nova Scotia with a hope that someday I could move there. For under £40, 000 you can pick up a large house or a really nice log cabin with a few acres of land thrown in!!!!!

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Preach!

Long time no "see" Mighty Oak!

Glad to have you back mate, made me realise though, what happened to my name? I was Scotts Pine right?

I may have to be re-ordained...;)

:D

Butternut

May 11, 2005
The Hinterland (Surrey!)
Myself, wife & 2 year old daughter went to Canada last year and came back wanting to live there too. For part of the trip we spent a week in a traditional tipi next to a river on a ranch - bliss :D . Our friends out there are both doctors - have a great house that cost under half what it would here and they say they earn more than they could in Britain. I think I should have stopped dreaming at school and become a doctor :( .

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
According to Michael Moore people love each other more in Canada :D

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Abbe Osram said:

thanks
cheers
Abbe

Jobs in the oilfields are going begging $8000 a month wages and a 3 bed house in 5 acres land in manitoba will set you back $70,000 canadian. £35,000 :eek:

We went from Calgary east via highway 1 through Moose Jaw, Medicine Hat, Regina, Yorkton then to Swan river. From there we spent 3 days at a log cabin in the bush nr Flin Flon (only accessible by boat). we then headed back on highway 16 the yellowhead stopping at Vegreville, Edmonton, Jasper in the rockies, Sunwapta Falls then on through the Athabasca icefields to Bannf and Canmore then finally back to Calgary...... What a rush !! :D

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
maddave said:
Jobs in the oilfields are going begging $8000 a month wages and a 3 bed house in 5 acres land in manitoba will set you back $70,000 canadian. £35,000 :eek:

We went from Calgary east via highway 1 through Moose Jaw, Medicine Hat, Regina, Yorkton then to Swan river. From there we spent 3 days at a log cabin in the bush nr Flin Flon (only accessible by boat). we then headed back on highway 16 the yellowhead stopping at Vegreville, Edmonton, Jasper in the rockies, Sunwapta Falls then on through the Athabasca icefields to Bannf and Canmore then finally back to Calgary...... What a rush !! :D

Where do I sign up?!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE