went for a bimble

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Went for a bimble today with my wife to our local woods, had a really nice day walked for miles. Stopped off at a fallen Beech tree that was on the edge of a stream amazingly it was still alive and seemed to be doing well. Had some soup and french stick.

fallenbeech.jpg

there was a crevice in the end of the tree, when I looked in there was some Oyster fungus growing inside.

oysterfungus.jpg

oysterfungus1.jpg

Also found a very large Beech tree with an amazing array of roots, the tree must of been at least 200 years old. My wife found this tree quite enchanting.

beechroots.jpg

All in all a very nice day out and lovely weather.

Simon.

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Didn't pick the shrooms as I am not a big fan really, but I know where they are if I want some. They were a nicely hidden inside the tree, it was just good to have spotted them.

Simon.

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
No Hobbits im afraid, but I was expecting the tree to start talking. The tree was amazing, the wood is mainly Beech with alot of intrduced Oak. The Beech trees are huge in the wood, very old indeed. There are some very old Oak in there too. it must be a very old wood.

Simon.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
The roots on that tree are amazing! Did you see any hobbits tucked away in one of them?

Nice photos mate. one of my favorite spots for beech are at Avebury stone circle. Theres a clump of them with all the roots exposed over the henge bank. The Red Lions worth a visit too.

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Cheers Addo I will have to take a trek up there. Where abouts is the Red Lions?
Sounds like a pub:lmao:

Simon.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cheers Addo I will have to take a trek up there. Where abouts is the Red Lions?
Sounds like a pub:lmao:

Simon.

Avebury's a village in Wiltshire. The stone circle is over a mile in circumferance, each of the surviving stones are massive, and two smaller stone circles are inside. the village is inside and outside the main circle. The Red lion is the pub in the middle. Its old, thatched and used to sell Wadworth 6X Hmmm Ahhhhhh, but no more :(
Well worth a visit to this area and u can stay at Savernack Forest FC camp site, nr Marlbourgh, which is mainly Oak. Theres dozens of other Neolithic and Iron age places to go and a load of crop circles in the summer. Im planning to walk here along the ridgeway path one week next year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE