Webtex '58 Pattern Waterbottle and Cup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Home Guard

Forager
Dec 13, 2010
North Walsham, Nelson's County.
Looks almost Identical to the issue Osprey bottle and cup, although the Webtex cup is matt instead of shiny plastic. When compared, the Webtex bottle seems alot smaller, thinner and weaker.

The Webtex bottle leaks, ALOT. You have to really cramm the cap on with risk of "jumping a thread". The seal in the cap is too large and rises up on one side, which I imagine causes the leak.

The Webtex cup doesnt fit on the bottle correct, the handle is mishapen, so doesnt hold in your hand correctly and the handles cross each other.

Overall it's a piece of kit just for show, but for the price it isnt the worst. It doesnt compare to the Osprey bottle in any way, as to build quality, strength etc. But what do you expect for half the price?

I've never really heard a good word said about this particular bottle, and have heard alot about cheap copies. I shall always go for the genuine issue bottle, Osprey seems the way forward. :)

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
I've had a similar experience. I came to the conclusion the only reason they made the bottle in the first place was in the hope that people would mistake it for a real pattern 58 water bottle. In my case that was exactly what happened. I walked into a shop and asked for a pattern 58 water bottle, and that was what I came away with.

I recount my experience here:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93242

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
You have to ask yourself if you can really trust any supplier who sells this webtex tat is worth shopping with, it is all cheap half cost rubbish, if you want to trust a piece of kit never buy anything with webtex on it,

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
neat idea that, they should make ammo mag size so troops can carry smaller but equally as carry-able bottles, although it would be awesome to see a landing-craft sized bottle....just for teh lulz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE