Watford, Herts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

godfather

Nomad
Oct 28, 2003
Hertfordshire
I previously asked if there was anyone out there wanting to meet up in Hertfordshire with no replies so I have narrowed it down a bit. ANyone fancy meeting up?

Marco

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Hi Marco - didn't realise there were so many people based in Herts on here. Why don't you put your location in your profile. It doesn't have to be your postcode but a bit of an idea is nice.

What did you have in mind for a meet-up?

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
weekend_warrior said:
Hmmm not sure my post read that well...

:22: :dunno: :nutkick:

:p

Marco - I just remembered something that I had meant to post about a while ago.

Northaw Great Woods is "advertising" for volunteers to help with some glade restoration on the first weekend of each month (can't remember if it was the Saturday or the Sunday).
From what I remember reading, they're felling Silver Birch trees (there are lots!) to return some natural open areas.

I thought this could be ideal for us to do a mini-meet up that may lead to something more in the future if we manage to pull some good work off.

Myself and Weekend Warrior both went to Chedworth to help with some clearing work there as part of a FM meet-up and I gather that looked great on our community.

If we could muster enough to push through an extra weekend session that would be great.

Reading around the work:
The plan

Countryside Volunteers in Herts

At the very least, I think I may send Chris James an e-mail!

(Sorry for the thread hijack!)

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
Stew said:
:p

Marco - I just remembered something that I had meant to post about a while ago.

Northaw Great Woods is "advertising" for volunteers to help with some glade restoration on the first weekend of each month (can't remember if it was the Saturday or the Sunday).
From what I remember reading, they're felling Silver Birch trees (there are lots!) to return some natural open areas.

I thought this could be ideal for us to do a mini-meet up that may lead to something more in the future if we manage to pull some good work off.

Myself and Weekend Warrior both went to Chedworth to help with some clearing work there as part of a FM meet-up and I gather that looked great on our community.

If we could muster enough to push through an extra weekend session that would be great.

Reading around the work:
The plan

Countryside Volunteers in Herts

At the very least, I think I may send Chris James an e-mail!

(Sorry for the thread hijack!)

Good plan mate! I'd be up for that.. and it's only 10 mins from mw too! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE