Waterproofs for cyclists???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
Still dont see any advantage in a trailer-tent over a standard trailer, carrying a tent, or a hammock and tarp or whatever you want.

Whats the advantage of actually sleeping on the trailer?

similarly that tent that uses the bike to hold it up. As i see it, that simply means that you cant leave your tent errect and use your bike for any other purpose.

smoggy

Forager
Mar 24, 2009
North East England
A few years now since I have been able to cycle.....but I would advise cycling shorts with a chami or modern insert, much more comfortable if your doing any distance...and I used leggins to match......hi vis for on the road........

as for waterproofs, a light (and hi vis) overshirt zipped front and long tail.....if you wear the shorts and possibly woollen leggins in colder weather it don't bother you if yer legs get wet.....bearing in mind a bike can tote a fair amount of weight, you can afford to take enough kit to get changed at the end of your journey and your cycling gear will dry very quickly even while your wearing it....

I know, you are now thinking you don;t do enough to warrant all the expence......
consider this......safer and more comfortable, you will enjoy your cycling more, plus you'll save on undue wear and tear on you other kit.....it need not be expensive, find youself a proper cycling shop, not halfords, an indipendant that catters for the racing fraternity....and get some good free advice.....

Hope you enjoy your cycling and are able to intergrate it fully with your other outdoor activities.......I always did.

Smoggy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE