warrent interview

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
trust me i have my lines practiced if they try and get narky :)
and having moral support i feel would just make me seem on the defensive straight away, as for behind the times well i didnt know it was appointment not warrent interview!

I would go with the policy of explaining Paganism and its belief system, just emphasis the "faith" angle when talking about it. We have two leaders in our Troop who came through with Paganism as a faith and both were asked a whole lot of curiosity questions but never any question of either being rejected.

One angle to consider with the interview is that it will be with three people specifically to ensure a balanced mix of views and questions and I've certainly not met a Scout leader who experienced any form of bigotry in their interview, if anything they all say how warm and welcoming the interview is - mine certainly was a nice meeting.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
Sam
It appears your local appointemnts committe is a bit behind the times or just plain confused and stuck in thier ways.

Maybe the GSL offered moral support to keep them on the straight and narrow and to see that the rules were followed so they dont loose you because of some fool on the commitee.

It certainly does look that way.

Paul

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
Our GSL and one or two of the section leaders usually go along in uniform with the new recruit to the appointments interview. It's just a show of support from the Group.

I was never asked about religion. Probably as well as I'm not entirely sure myself what I beleive in.

Don't mention axe fixations and liberal use of accelerants and you'll be fine.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE