wanted iron pyrites

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Does anoyone have a source of Iron Pyrites suitable for 'sparking' to create fire and would be willing to send me a bit (i'm happy to pay postage or send something in return of course)

I fancy having a go at making fire 'primativly' - ie strikeing it against some flint (ok, I admit it! - i've been watching Ray :eek: ..... but it IS something I have always fancied having a go at and this had driven me to ask)

bushtank

Nomad
Jan 9, 2007
king lynn
Hi Graham
im going to my local beach at the weekend to get some myself if i find plenty i will let you know mate and send it on :beerchug:

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
thomasturnbull said:
Hi Graham
im going to my local beach at the weekend to get some myself if i find plenty i will let you know mate and send it on :beerchug:

If you do mate, can I have a piece, I'm sure I'll have something to send you in return ;)

Sorry Graham for the hijack :)

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Phil562 said:
If you do mate, can I have a piece, I'm sure I'll have something to send you in return ;)

Sorry Graham for the hijack :)

No problem mate! ;)

WhichDoctor

Nomad
Aug 12, 2006
Shropshire
Wow, I wouldn't mind a piece as well, and yes I watched Ray also :eek: . Maybe if anyone has a reasonable supply they could get a handful together and start there own Iron Pyrites sail thread.

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
thomasturnbull said:
Hi Graham

I hope you don't mind me asking...

Which beach, I haven't come across any at heacham or hunstanton. I guess you might see on the further north east coast where the coal seams run into the sea.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE