WANTED Certain seashells

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Trying to expand my collection. Some dont seem to be found in my area.

Channel island Ormers (surely we have correspondents over there??)

Slipper limpets (Solent is full of them)

Queen scallops.

King scallops (bacause the fishmongers all want to charge for the so and sos...though I can get oyster shells for free.)

I have lots of odd and ends to swap.

I also have half a ton of flat periwinkles in pink and yellow, if you need them...Also so and soing huge limpets...(up to 6cm!) though these are very rough shells due to age.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
I.m in guernsey will see if I can find you some ormer shells we are only aloud to collect them on certain spring tides can't be bothered myself but know friends who collect them

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thanks very much. Dont you ever find loose shells?

We hear about the famed ormers but are there any other local specialities?

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
Funny I only kicked one around the beach while fishing last week we have razor clams big limpets but the ormer is are most sort after don't know why lot of hard work and they are chewy as hell in my opinion

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
Picking up some ormer shells tomorrow after work it was ordering tide today a friend found some so is giving me some shells for you

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
What do you call king scollops do you have picture may be able to get them fishermen through them over side after shocking

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
My wife found a nice shell from a 40 something year old Arctica icelandica in Swansea Bay this week, so if you want some, we will grab some more and bring them to the moot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE