Wandering about

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Went for a bit of a wander in some of the local woods. There's a little quarry where i used to play as a child.. it used to be bare rock with some little cave-like structures, but its all smoothed out with vegetation growing in there now. Some of it is still bare, and has become a fantastic cold well.

My buddy and i went down there and fired up the old trangia for a brew and found one of the little aggregations of rubbish i so despise. We only had a couple of small tesco bags with us, so could only cart off a little bit of rubbish.

It was a really good hot mug of brew. It always tastes better when you're in the cold, doesn't it? Despite powdered milk..

I got some nice macros of some frost perched on some moss.

Anyway, here are some snaps. I didn't really vet them so possibly not the best. Long day, plus i was traipsing through the woods in the cold with half a ton of new camera kit.

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0103.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

Nico

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D

I like days like that :) Thanks for sharing.
Funny how quarries and bings attract children isn't it? Miniature worlds to dig in, climb on, light fires, build dens.

I know we all stick to the party line of 'leave no trace', but sometimes I wonder if that is the best way with some rather more public sites.
The fire site photo brought this to mind; for a great many people having an established fire space is a good thing, it gives only one site for burning, it focuses rubbish collection, it becomes a meeting *point* and in doing so it reduces more widespread damage, destruction, littering.....it's not the always acceptable to the kind of people who get involved with forums like this one, but we are a tiny minority in the country as a whole, and it is a workable method of containing some of the worst excesses of casual fires and littering.

Anyway, happy Boxing Day, I'm off for a walk too :D

cheers,
Toddy

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Toddy I think that is a great point. I hate seeing stone circles for fire pits with cans etc but if everyone only used the one pit that would be absolutely great. I guess this happens more so in other countries than he UK (fire pits/stones etc) still prefer that the cans go home with them though!
Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE