Wander in West Lothian - Where to Go?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Met up with Gordon on Sat. mid morning and went for a nice little walk up whitecraig hill above the war memorial. Had a nice morning and was glad to meet a fellow BCUK'er.

Couple of things ~I found out:

1st; I need to get my daysack sorted instead of carrying my grab bag,brew kit & camera case, too much to carry and to awkward to get to things. I need to either get myself a Daysack for carying all my gear together , or get my Pouch daysack & grab bag combo made up.

2nd; I need to get seriously fit. Although I'm still recovering from an op, I was very embarrased that I had to stop every 20 to 30ft going up the hill to get my breath back & had to apologise to Gordon a few times. I didn't realise I was so unfit.
So now it looks like I'm going to have to do ,lots of smaller walks or walks of the same size but on the flat to get my stamina and fitness back.

Lol looks like I've got a lot of walking to do to get fit.

Tree

B

bushyboo

Like i said andy no need to appoligise
I found out a few things when we were out too the main one being i really need to get me a crusader cup was well impressed with yours and a lot lighter than the swiss trianga

anyway next time you wanna got for a bimble gives a shout harlaw res would be good no hills and a nice piece of birch woodland with BIG birch polypores

Gordon

Hi Woodstock,

The Lang wang is depressing now , all pine plantations along it now on 1st half, most are being felled at mo, so it looks like a bomb site,the burn walk just of the Harburn turnoff has almost been destroyed by the heavy plant. The rest is just open moor so not really my cup of tea, I Iike a bit of forrest to walk thru. I think Harlaw will be my next walk, I scouted it out last week after Gordon mentioned it & it looks really good, lots of little side walks & places to set up for a brew :). So all I need to do is get some freetime & give Gordon a shout.

Tree

B

bushyboo

Hi Andy
looking ok for satarday well apart from the weather :rolleyes: if your still up for it il see you at the car park

cheers Gordon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE