Walnut spoon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Aragorn - next time you are in Ikea have a look at the wooden chopping boards - they should have some clear oil next to them - it's mineral oil and once deep fried in this stuff the sppoons are very tough.

I should be in Wrexham before Christmas so I could bring some (I'm a lapsed Llay boy for me sins:eek: )

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
thanks for the tip doug, we usually pop in aldi or lidl so i will have a look out for it, so any wood is food safe using this oil to treat it, apart from yew which is a bit nasty if i remember right

Excellent job Simon! Love the shape of the handle, the wood looks nice too. I oiled a spoon I made recently by following someone's advice here - I soaked some paper towels in vegetable oil and then wrapped the spoon with these. Then I tightly wrapped the whole lot with saran wrap (cling film) and left it for a few days. Seems to have done the job, I guess I'll need to repeat it in time.
Cheers,
Mungo

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Nice bit of carving there matey. The grain is fantastic.

Never tried carving, except for a walking stick for my 3 yr old, but after seeing that i think i shall try some more.

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Thanks for the coments folks, Never tried a walking stick Nat I might have to try, Thanks.

Simon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE