Very quick swap: Two Acer Altos Servers, good as servers or PC's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FoxyRick

Forager
Feb 11, 2007
Rossendale, England
Traded - thanks!

Before I dispose of these, is anyone interested in them?

Collection Only! From near Rawtenstall, Lancashire.

Older stuff: an Acer Altos G300 and G310, both were in use in the company I worked for two years ago when it went belly up.

Both worked perfectly last time I fired them up but I don't have time to test them. They've lived under the desk in my office all the time. I've been keeping them for emergency use, and always planned to make a big file server from the G300, but I need the space so it's time they went.

If I recall correctly, both have a P4 3.4GHz CPU, and both have two HD's, memory, CDROM, Floppy, the G300 has a tape drive. They might both have working OS but I can't promise that; I used them frequently for testing out software and stuff so they might need reinstalling.

These would make good small servers (they are designed for 24/7 running) or general use PC's that would be fine for running Office and browsing the web. Not for gaming, at least not recent stuff. They'll run Windows XP or Server 2003 perfectly (that's what I used), not sure about Windows 7 or Server 2008. Drivers are available on the internet easily. Both have a license to use Microsoft Server 2003.

There's a (stock) picture of the G300 below, the G310 is a similar size but black and quite smart looking.

I'll say £60 trade value for the two,so make me an interesting (sharp or outdoorsy) trade offer.

If you are interested please reply quickly. I need these out of the way ASAP and am tempted to just salvage parts from them and tip the rest.

attachment.php

I might be able to throw in an LCD monitor but I'll need to check the stores, and a US Robotics 24-port network switch. The switch was never used I don't think - it was a spare.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE