VERY late, but some decent pic's of my kayak!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
myleftside1.jpg

there's a lota weight in the middle there...

duck1.jpg

how low can you go i ask...

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
yup, theyre Puffin 12 folding kayaks. i was ranting on about them last year and have only just managed to sort out posting decent pic's... :eek:

as for slimmer than RM... lol, i doubt it. still, its a reserve should all else fail, and keeps me warm when every one else is shivering. i'm told that the skinny guys didnt make it across the falklands in '82 - works for them, it works for me... :lmao:

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
the top pic is the puffin with me (stating the obvious) and enough gear & food for the 10 day trip we were on, including tipi and about 7L of water. they hold 130kg which is enough for me and plenty of kit, or hawthorn and a lifetimes worth! i think it cost about 800 euros, i picked it up from globetrotter.de when i was in germany. yes, you can take the splash deck off, but it reduces the regidity a hell of a lot, so i'd keep it on. the pic's were taken north of berlin last summer, i cant spell the name of the place alas, but it is cool!

as for you passing me yarrow, i think it was the otherway round... i seem to remember a short race, a long headstart and i still got there first... :lmao:

Hawthorn

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2005
London
The puffins are very good collapsable kayaks, thats me in the nearest kayak, and i had my yorkshire terrier, 5 litres of water,10 days of tinned food, firewood in it along with all my camping gear and it could have taken a lot more, need I say more? Very pleased with it.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hawthorn said:
The puffins are very good collapsable kayaks, thats me in the nearest kayak, and i had my yorkshire terrier, 5 litres of water,10 days of tinned food, firewood in it along with all my camping gear and it could have taken a lot more, need I say more? Very pleased with it.

Hawthorn,

Did it cost more to get one like yours? The one with all that extra freeboard? :D

Red

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
nup, my bad. every one should at all times wear a PFD when on the water

i, maybe foolishly, back my ability to swim :rolleyes: . still, any wreathes will be greatly appreciated by my folks if i'm wrong... :lmao:

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
British Red said:
Hawthorn,

Did it cost more to get one like yours? The one with all that extra freeboard? :D

Red

same kayak n price, 30kg difference in the weight of the paddler

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE