EDC Pens?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Anyone have an EDC pen?
I carry a few around in my bag when I take my bag places but a pen always seems uncomfortable in my pocket, probably the I get is a pencil behind my ear, I've gone to bed with them there before :) I'd like to carry a decent pen, but i'd rather avoid that pocket stabbing that can occur.

Any of you carry a pen regularly and want to share?

Reactions: British Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Anyone have an EDC pen?
I carry a few around in my bag when I take my bag places but a pen always seems uncomfortable in my pocket, probably the I get is a pencil behind my ear, I've gone to bed with them there before :) I'd like to carry a decent pen, but i'd rather avoid that pocket stabbing that can occur.

Any of you carry a pen regularly and want to share?
I've had several keyring pens including Fischer Space pens & true utility. They all either broke or got lost by falling out of their holder. I'll look forward to hearing of something that works, currently I use the biro in my SAK

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I do quite like the Bics that have Four colour options - depending upon how you mentally internally code their importance I find it useful to colour code different info.

Just helps me remember.

Unfortunately and for no other reason that I now want one after randomly seeing it on you tube I know want a FN PEN 2.0

Which I may have to buy a few and sell off.

< "....with a frickin pencil !?!?! " >

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
A replaceable pencil tip :mexwave:

I've just purchased Three of the pencil/pens - will be looking to move on two of the units - if anyone is interested drop me a message. I've gone for some upgrade options so it will be slightly enhanced.

Reactions: British Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've just purchased Three of the pencil/pens - will be looking to move on two of the units - if anyone is interested drop me a message. I've gone for some upgrade options so it will be slightly enhanced.
I'd be interested subject to spec & price ;)

Reactions: TeeDee

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I have a Bic pen but mostly use it for writing invoices out.
It's more of a fortnightly pen rather than an everyday pen.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
I carry a space pen in the small pocket of my jeans/chinos.
Being small it doesn’t break/stab me when I sit down.
Prices have shot up on them though, so if I lost it I’m not sure I’d replace it.
I have a Bic 4 colour mini too

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I’ve never trusted myself to have an expensive pen as they get abandoned or lost too easily for me. I do like the tombow airpress though. Price is reasonable, I like the stubby grip, always having ink there because of the pump is great, clip is smart too. I should pick another one up!

I also pretty much always have a permanent marker on me - it was a sharpie of one colour or another for many years but I think the inkzalls might be better now….

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Metacil metal pencil - 16k of writing without sharpening.

Kaweco sport fountain pens for a bit of compact luxury! Screw off the sealing, big cap, post it on the end and you've got almost a full sized fountain pen. Screw the cap on tight it shouldn't leak and it's pocketable. Plus German made / designed. Germans and Japanese make good pens. These are also cheap for fountain pens too.

Reactions: Souledman

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ha ha, a bit late to the party, but I'd be interested if anything changes and one becomes available :bigok:

Reactions: TeeDee

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Metacil metal pencil - 16k of writing without sharpening.

Kaweco sport fountain pens for a bit of compact luxury! Screw off the sealing, big cap, post it on the end and you've got almost a full sized fountain pen. Screw the cap on tight it shouldn't leak and it's pocketable. Plus German made / designed. Germans and Japanese make good pens. These are also cheap for fountain pens too.
they look good! I like fountain pens

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Step away from that rabbit hole! It's an expensive one! I'm on 3 new fountain pens and a few inks. It's not even past February! When your family buy you a leather pen roll you'll know you're in deep!

• Haha
Reactions: Tony

firedfromthecircus

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2014
there
I tend to prefer a click pen for its one handed operation, but they are only really practical if you have a shirt or jacket pocket to carry them.
For a more robust edc I like the Rotring 800 series. Twist top design which can still be done one handed, but the whole writing end retracts so there is no sharp end to stab yourself with in a trouser pocket. Also difficult to deploy accidentally. All metal construction as well, and available as a ball-point and a mechanical pencil. Not cheap mind, but as fountain pen collectors will know, you can spend a lot more on something less robust or practical!

61SFQOwKciL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

alphaburner

Jan 17, 2014
Cork, Ireland
Step away from that rabbit hole! It's an expensive one! I'm on 3 new fountain pens and a few inks. It's not even past February! When your family buy you a leather pen roll you'll know you're in deep!
Lol…..I hear you.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpeg
    IMG_0121.jpeg
    553.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0120.jpeg
    IMG_0120.jpeg
    544.4 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Paul_B

alphaburner

Jan 17, 2014
Cork, Ireland
Those Zebra pens are great value. My favourite pen is the Machine Era original brass. Perfectly weighted, for my tastes, and a lovely writer. ATM I’m trying to find a stainless one but having no luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sebc

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I just got a 0.5mm zebra delguard. After several years snapping 0.7mm leads in other brands it's a revelation. I've used it for two or three weeks for work and maybe snapped the lead twice by accident. I'd snap lead in other mechanical pencils about 5 times a hour! Not that I'm heavy handed just that I find the best length of free lead always seem to be between clicks. One click too short to write, two clicks it snaps for me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE