Varusteleka food order of Fishcock aka Kalakukko and a review of a Czech Mess Kit.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dontkillbill

Forager
Feb 24, 2013
PEI Canada
www.youtube.com
I did it. I opened the Kalakukko from Varusteleka. So it has a bold name fishcock but it does tast pretty good and with 439 calories and 26 grams of protein and 0 grams of Fishcock its a good campfood. That and a candy bar wood make an emergency night out in the woods more of camping trip.

The surplus Czech mess kit is good. Two pots and plate/frying pan. Lots of different options for cooking.

Click like and subscribe if like the video.

https://youtu.be/dhQXC02pUgg

[video=youtube_share;dhQXC02pUgg]https://youtu.be/dhQXC02pUgg[/video]

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Crazy stuff that, I've had the original and the blazed Salmon version. Kind of fish pie in a tin, I found the blazed salmon an easier eat. But, if up the creek without a paddle, I'd easily eat the smoked version.

Pricy, but one of those things that needed investigating. I didn't heat mine, just spooned it from the tin.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I got the pork version. Basically it's a pork sandwich on rye bread. It was okay, I should have warmed it a little in my pocket as it was v cold the day I ate it and didn't get a lot of flavour from the pork. The rye bread was quite dark and in my case overpowering any pork taste.

Dontkillbill

Forager
Feb 24, 2013
PEI Canada
www.youtube.com
I got the pork version. Basically it's a pork sandwich on rye bread. It was okay, I should have warmed it a little in my pocket as it was v cold the day I ate it and didn't get a lot of flavour from the pork. The rye bread was quite dark and in my case overpowering any pork taste.

I must give the pork a try. I let my can sit in boiling water for a few minutes and I think it made it much better. Warm fishcock really tastes better than chilled. LOL

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE