US pilots flaske/water bottles.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Picked up a couple of US pilots flask water bottle jobbies today,just right to fit in a jacket pocket,handy size and sort of fit in the hand.Anyone else got one of these.

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Hiya

Not sure if mine are the same.

I have two 1 pint plastic flasks - look like an olive green plastic version of the 'traditional' hip flask - ie they are curved.

Got them several years back from SASS - as you say, perfect to just slip in a pocket. Indeed SASS can include an appropriate pocket for just that purpose on their smocks.

Mine are lightweight and I had thought potentially flimsy - but two/ three years on they are still going strong.

BlueTrain

Nomad
Jul 13, 2005
Near Washington, D.C.
I have one that I use a lot on day trips (the only kind I seem to be doing anymore). I used to always use US Army pattern plastic canteens (water bottles) but I realized I never drank that much water, irregardless of how much I was supposed to be drinking.

Before that I used those imported water bottles, the clear ones with the red stoppers and green caps, Swiss probably, but those have disappeared from stores around here. There are all sorts of other plastic bottles in all shapes that people presumably use. However, since you now see people carrying water bottles all over the places and using the rather flimsy plastic bottles that bottled water comes in, I figured that an ordinary soda bottles would do just fine and they do. They even fit certain pouches on some of my packs better than anything else.

In theory, the caps are easy to lose but that doesn't seem to be a serious problem. The little loop on a US Army plastic canteen is just right for holding a candle, however.

One thing I've been wondering is if they really are pilot's water bottles.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE