Turbo Girl....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
The pinz's seem really well thought of, any advantages/ disadvantages?

Chassis is better protected than the Defender, propshaft is inside a big tube, portal axles and locking diffs (which can be locked as you go along). Air cooled engine is very rugged. Huge interior space for a footprint that's about the same as a Land Rover 90

Disadvantages? Brakes are rubbish - big drums all round which work OK in the dry but not when they get wet. Fuel consumption is awful (12mpg if you're lucky) & parts more expensive. Front impact protection is minimal and they're geared for off-road so not good on the motorway. Slightly more top heavy than a 'fender too

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
the thing is i like lanny's dont know why i just do, they have some thing about them, just the smell from an old lanny is awesome... my first land rover exsperiance was turd as i got an old 1.8 freelander, and i said never again, but then when i got divorced i needed a 4x4 for shooting and a series 3 prsented its self for an ok price so i got it. it did not go over 55mph and the engine water boiled over after 30 mins of driving, there was that much play in the steering it was like guessing where to drive...

you know what.... i was hooked, that lanny went to another person after a few years as the chassis need to be replaced... i then got my beloved 90 at a sum of 4k and loved it even more, i decided to beef her up a bit and ended up kiting her out fully for off road, most bits where make do and self installed, at a price i could afford, the snokel was steel scafold pole...:)

anyway i love them and thats that...;)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
We've just picked up a C reg hardtop 90 V8 (C in front of reg... mmm is that 84/6ish? some motortrader eh ;) to sell on, chassis purdy good but the bulkhead needs patching for a MOT... but lordy, the engine noise... phwoooaaaarrrrrr =) even my dubstepping, hothatch lovin' 19yr old had to stop n listen n spontaneously salivate fer a while!

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Oh! Good work Res! now I want to get the first car i owned again, FCK895Y ffr light weight landy! only had it on the road for three months after rebuilding it, had to sell it to pay for the parts! but what a great truck to truck in!:D:D

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
We use 4x4 Web a bit too at http://www.4x4web.co.uk/4sale.html :) Withams pricing has been a bit.....mmmmm.... variable?! over the past few years- s'pose it makes sense as the MOD pay them storage for what doesn't sell so theres not the commercial incentive there. Milweb are a fine place to salivate over what can adorn the driveway/ green lanes next :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE