trout in the woods!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
Had another evening in the woods at our camp,after a bit more construction we set about cooking a nice brown trout we caught this morning from local chalk stream.

DSC03124.jpg

It was eagerly devoured by hungry kids!

DSC03148.jpg

here is a pic of our camps progress:

DSC03114.jpg

i recon it will be compleated by thursday and we can camp in real comfort and warmth!

thanks for looking.

Reactions: Poacherman

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
of course,up stream dry fly only sort of chap me,i think it was a 'greenwells glory' on my fenwick iron feather rod,hardy prince reel and a dt8 floating line from pound strecher.

TheCricket

Banned
Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
one of my favourite day's fishing ever was the most unplanned and on dry fly. I'd been up at my local lake trying to catch a rainbow for dinner on a mid summers day with ridiculous heat, completely blanked. but on the way home I walked past a local stream and some small brownies were rising. so put on a small dry and caught a couple. Fishing on dry's is a sport in itself!!

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
looks like you had a great time its nice to see kids enjoying themselfs without being latched onto an xbox. I love my flyfishing although i am only into my 3 rd year so lots to learn,
dry fly is very satisfying for me watching the take ,atb wayne

TheCricket

Banned
Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I fish Dry's on rivers, for small trout I will return, Its satisfying to watch them take it. On lakes however, when catching rainbows, its small nympths and buzzers all the way, mainly because they take it with ridiculously aggressive takes that nearly rip your arm off.

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
of course,up stream dry fly only sort of chap me,i think it was a 'greenwells glory' on my fenwick iron feather rod,hardy prince reel and a dt8 floating line from pound strecher.
Well done I'm a upstream lob worm and prawn man myself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE