Trekking pole A frame

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Suffolkrafter

Settler
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
Pretty excited to have discovered this:

Connects (and extends) two trekking poles to form an A frame structure. I intend to use this with my luxe hexpeak v4a. Wasn't cheap with postage, but it's from the Ukraine so no problems there.

Might possibly be of interest to lavvu enthusiasts who also use trekking poles?

Also excited to have used Pythagoras's theorem for first time since leaving school, to work out required length of extension and resulting base of triangle.

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
I made one with some carbon tubing and heat shrink wrap. Works well and gives lots more internal space in a shelter. When I sold my Duomid I kept it and will use it with a second hand hex peak I picked up.

Attachments

• IMG_9155.jpeg
    IMG_9155.jpeg
    339 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9158.jpeg
    IMG_9158.jpeg
    469.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9157.jpeg
    IMG_9157.jpeg
    690.1 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: crosslandkelly

Suffolkrafter

Settler
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
Yes I can't wait. I'm making quite a few mods to the t door 4 season inner I got from Ali express. I'm adding loops at various points to correspond to the fixing points on the outer, and conversely, loops on the outer to correspond to those on the inner. I want to get the inner taut, given I'm tall and close to the fabric. I also plan to add some additional sections of noseum mesh to the inner to improve ventilation.

Reactions: nigelp

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE