Tree Identification

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fjefman

Jun 24, 2007
guildford
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in but since this is the one I frequent most often I'll post here. I'm trying my best at tree identification and there are two that I'm struggling with. I have a tree book but can't find anything that looks like just like these two trees. Can somebody tell me what two trees are in these pictures? I have one close and one far of the two in question

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaMWjZi2YtmKp

Thanks,
Jeff

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
I'm betting I'm wrong - I'm new to tree identification. But I'm pretty sure this is a crack willow. Somebody please tell me I'm right - you'll make my evening. If I'm wrong please tell me why so I can learn.

fjefman

Jun 24, 2007
guildford
I'm betting I'm wrong - I'm new to tree identification. But I'm pretty sure this is a crack willow. Somebody please tell me I'm right - you'll make my evening. If I'm wrong please tell me why so I can learn.

Just checked it against my book.. you might be right, can anybody confirm?

Here is another one I would like to identify..some type of bush. I got a few chunks of this and will be making into something. It carves easily but I don't know what it is. Any ideas?

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaMWjZi2YtmLP

J

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
The first is willow, but there are too many sorts for me to be able to tell you which, and the bush is laurel - Prunus laurocerasus. There has been a lot cut down recently near me too.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Just checked it against my book.. you might be right, can anybody confirm?

Here is another one I would like to identify..some type of bush. I got a few chunks of this and will be making into something. It carves easily but I don't know what it is. Any ideas?

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaMWjZi2YtmLP

J
it would help if the links were complete, or clickable,:confused:
I've adding in the missing bits
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaMWjZi2YtmLP
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaMWjZi2YtmKp

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE