Transit "pot cosy" question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Has anybody seen them used or know where to get them? They are shown toward the end of the clip

[video=youtube_share;jdZEw-anygs]https://youtu.be/jdZEw-anygs[/video]

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
If you mean the silver pot "huggies" they're home made and are made out of (as he said in the video) heating duct insulation wrap or car windscreen silver sunshades cut to size and duct taped together.

B&Q have it on a roll for 8 pounds.

Also any material left over can made a good insulation ground sheet under your sleeping bag.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Thanks for that guys. Might just keep me occupied for a couple of hours. What I do like about them is that they'll also eliminate most cloncking and rattling noises coming out of my backpack :lmao:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I picked up a Primus ETA Spider a while ago. I have gas burning stoves only, if I cook otherwise it's on a grill or pan over the fire. The Primus is tidy. The bag insulates cooked food while you cook other stuff. Seem a bit pricy now, I got mine at £60. I'm fair sure I wouldn't be faffing about with insulating material, I'm bad enough at reaching over for a spoon and burning my new smock. :rolleyes:

I rate the LiTech frying pan and kettle, so it all works well. Vid of the stove.

[video=youtube_share;SCZdxxcf4WQ]http://youtu.be/SCZdxxcf4WQ[/video]

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I made my pot cosies from felted wool. I just measured up, cut and stitched them to fit. It doesn't melt, though it can scorch, it's comfortable to hold, it insulates the pot/mug and it stops things rattling too :)
Offcuts of blankets (dye them with tea if you don't want white) work well, especially if you boil wash them first to shrink/felt.

M

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I made my pot cosies from felted wool. I just measured up, cut and stitched them to fit. It doesn't melt, though it can scorch, it's comfortable to hold, it insulates the pot/mug and it stops things rattling too :)
Offcuts of blankets (dye them with tea if you don't want white) work well, especially if you boil wash them first to shrink/felt.

M

For a moment there I forgot the forum I was on :lmao:

Dyeing with tea isn't dying for tea, and ginger biscuits. I'm making them tomorrow, I'll let you know how (wrong) it goes. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE