Trangia Gas burner insert Info and photos please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
thats the kiddy cheers didnt want to pimp your pictures with out asking

the vernier says the thread is 8mm (could be 5/16" tho) and a pitch of 0.5mm (cant get the vernier on it exacly)

M8 x 0.5 is a Metric Fine thread so might find a tap to cut a nut or i could crunch a normal M8 die on it :rolleyes: and use a normal nut

AB

Duncan

PS shows how long ago i used gas for camping etc the bottle i got outthe loft to try this burner out was a 250 EPI gas

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
thats the kiddy cheers didnt want to pimp your pictures with out asking
crack on - though it doesn't actually show the threaded stud..

the vernier says the thread is 8mm (could be 5/16" tho) and a pitch of 0.5mm (cant get the vernier on it exacly)

M8 x 0.5 is a Metric Fine thread so might find a tap to cut a nut or i could crunch a normal M8 die on it :rolleyes: and use a normal nut
I can take mine into work tomorrow - our toolmakers will have thread gauges - I'll let you know what they reckon... (assuming it's the same thread)

PS shows how long ago i used gas for camping etc the bottle i got outthe loft to try this burner out was a 250 EPI gas
ooh.... one for the Antiques Roadshow! :lmao:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Bikething - did I see the name Primus on the gas can end on your last piccie? Makes sense trangia going to primus being intheir neck of the woods but to allow the name to be stamped on it seems a bit lax on their part. Still both companies are good ones so at least it shows quality.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Bikething - did I see the name Primus on the gas can end on your last piccie? Makes sense trangia going to primus being intheir neck of the woods but to allow the name to be stamped on it seems a bit lax on their part. Still both companies are good ones so at least it shows quality.
Yep.. says Primus - looks exactly like the one on the Omnifuel.
Which from a manufacturing point of view would make sense as it saves re-tooling just for what must be a 'small' production run for Primus.

oks nearly done just haveto drill out the rest of the holes marked on eth plate later so it can be usesd for lifting the wood fire of teh bottom and allowing better air flow will also be used for Hexi blocks or a pop can meths stove if ness which is why i didnt cut a large circular hole it could just clip into like teh trangia etc

still thinking the reflector is needed to keep the heat of the pipe join with out it makes a very small package

hobogas2.jpg

hobogas4.jpg

hobogas3.jpg

hobogas1.jpg

ATB

Duncan

Apr 18, 2017
Devon
Hi Guys,
I have an EPIgas burner for my Trangia and need to replace a blocked one with a new nipple. EPI are no longer.
Any ideas or do you have thread/hole dims?
Many thanks,
B

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE