Toaks Titanium Pots?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hey guys, been looking to find some affordable titanium pots to use instead of the heavy zebra's I have. I also only currently have the 10cm (.8L) and 14cm (2.5L) zebras and was looking for something in between those sizes, as well as light weight and light on the wallet. That's when I found Toaks outdoors.

1300ml3.jpg

I'm primarily interested in the 1300ml or 1600ml pot with the bail handle. Anyone have any experience with these products?

Thanks

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
They look good but I would like a little pouring spout opposite the fold-out handle, purely for pouring accuracy's sake.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
All I can say is lucky you theMAX! The pots with the bail arms look exactly what I'm after... But not with the current finances.... I do have a birthday coming up though ;)

Wigate

Forager
Nov 19, 2006
Hong Kong
Max, funny you should post this. I bought the exact size pot from Toaks. I am expecting it to arrive this coming week. What I read from others about the smaller pot is that the lid does not fit with a tight closure like the MSR Titan. I also hear they are slightly heavier which I don't mind.
best wishes,Oliver

Aussiepom

Forager
Jun 17, 2008
Mudgee, NSW
I've been using the 1.6 ltr. It's reasonably rigid and plenty strong enough for its purpose. I love the style of bail handle - the one real weak point of the Zebra design to my mind, (well, 2 if you count the weight). It's easy to hang, stores well, without wasted space and is plenty strong enough without incurring an excessive weight penalty.

In the near future I'll probably cut the plastic coating off of the handles. I don't think it's really necessary, and is prone to fire damage if used on an open fire as opposed to a camp stove.

The down side to my mind is the lid; it has three small steam holes, which again, are not really necessary, and simply detract from its potential use as a plate. Also, it doesn't fit very well. What I mean by that is, it is the correct size, it just doesn't seem to fit very securely and is easily dislodged.

That's a minor point though, and unless Zebra decide to redesign their bails, which I suspect they won't, I'll probably be sticking with the Toak.

It's less than half the weight of a similar capacity Zebra and I personally don't see an issue with the cost. It's not a consumable item, so just buy it once and it will last you for years.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I have the MyTipot from Alpkit (unbranded Toaks pot) and it's not a bail handle (145mm base, 1350ml capacity) but it it an okay pot and excellent value for the price. I've only ever used mine on gas, meths and enclosed fire (hobos etc) but it is holding up well. Incidentally the lid on that isn't perfect either but it does work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE