Tick control week,

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
The original stuff was in a suspension that reacted V badly with plastic and some clothing materials, I think I still have a tee shirt that has the look of being moth eaten but the amount of deet that it was soaked it prior to a trip to South America any moths within a 30 meter radius would die( big bin full of a 90% mix to soak uniform and kit), iirc about ten years ago the majority of suppliers like life venture, jungle formula and ultrathon changed to a more oil based suspension to 1, stop the contact reaction and 2, increase the protective time between applications, I like permetherin, it and deet are two of those things that just work!

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
I hate ticks. I've been pretty successful in avoiding them so far but that's because I keep everything buttoned down and belted up. The only times I've picked one or two up is when I have been squatting, er, attending the call of nature, so maybe some deterrent is worthwhile in those "delicate" moments :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE