Three Grand Years

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Well this is my 3000th post. Now I know I talk too much..:D

I really can't believe how much I have gained since joining this forum in 2005, not just in knowledge but also the great friends I have made here.

If you haven't done it already I would highly recommend getting yourself to one of the meet ups or the Bushmoot.

I have been to many gatherings over the years, re-enactments, festivals and all sorts but I've never met a bunch of people more hospitable or who I've felt so comfortable with.

So, a general thank you to you all.

Thanks especially to the crew, mods and administrators that make this whole thing work so smoothly (At least it seems that way from out here...;))

And of course Tony and Shelly without whom this place simply wouldn't exist.

Now I'd normally bang on about full membership supporting the site, but to my huge embarrassment I've just noticed mine has expired and my cashflow is rather low until next month.( That's self employment for you. :rolleyes:)

Never the less, I've decided that as soon as I'm flush again I'm going for life membership. Anybody else gone that way yet?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
You're coming up on four Gary, according to your join date. Hard to believe it's only been four years since I joined up, It's like I've been here forever. I've met some great folks from the forums and learnt quite a bit. It's had its ups and downs but mainly a great site. It's the first place I log on to when I start up unless I need to do something very specific and urgently.

spiritofold

Banned
May 7, 2004
Winchester
www.spiritofold.co.uk
I've mainly lurked on here for the past 4 and a bit years. Learnt loads of stuff, seen lots of arguments and seen alot of people come and go. I only feel qualified to speak more now because of what i've learnt and can put into practice. That talk the talk and walk the walk thing. Saying that, i still need to get a grasp on lots of other things to do with bushcraft!

Its a f*cking good site this!!! :)

Andy >>>>>----------------------------------<>

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
nicely put Gary and congrats on the big 3000. Also like to add my thanks to everyone for the welcome and help over the last couple of years, hope I will be celebrating my 3000th post in the future.

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
I'd like to echo your sentiments and also say thank you to you Wayland, I've learnt sooo... much and it was a pleasure meeting you earlier in the year,
have a cyber pint on me,
jon

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Well I would like to Echo your sentiments Gary on my 1000th post.
Maybe I should ask less useless questions and search more!
Here's to the next 1000 eh Gary!?!
dave

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'd like to echo your sentiments and also say thank you to you Wayland, I've learnt sooo... much and it was a pleasure meeting you earlier in the year,
have a cyber pint on me,
jon

I'll second what StJon has said. The forum has been a great help for meand like Spamel says it's the first thing I log onto when I get home (swines at work have the forum barred on their system). Also it's been a pleasure being able to spend time with you Gary and I look forward to more meetings in the future :)

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Wayland, while I echo your sentiments about learning from this site, can I also say that I for one have learnt a lot from you. I had a look at your website the other day and I'm really impressed with your tarp tensioning water bottle. I think that could be my next project...

Chris

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Well done Gary its always a pleasure to meetup with you and the others at the midlands meet Like others on the site I spend most of the time on the web on here, its inspired me to get out in the woods again rather than watching it on the telly, I must say its a journey I love being on

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE