Three Alan Wood Custom Knives for trade.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
Hi,

Ideally would like to trade for some top end Bushcrafters..

Green Micarta hunter, red liners, stainless..

Field/skinner in tight twist damascus,.. copper, silver/nickel, brass mokume bolster with black liners and mosaic pins..

An early Alan wood (80's) stainless blade, brass guard, oak handle ( i think )

Send me a PM if you require any pics..

Regards,
Andy.

Mr_Yarrow

Forager
May 16, 2005
UK, Hertfordshire
More importantly Andy, you need to let us know what you are looking for in return for these?

Do you want another Alan Blade, an Alan Wood or a Shing? Top end means differnt things to differnt people. This will help you and avoid time wasting at both ends of the deal.

Rgds

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
Ok...

I really dont think the maker whether it be "Blade" or "Wood", matters,, I generally would consider a 'top end' knife to be one made from generally more expensive materials than a 'bottom end' knife, I have a bushcrafter made from damascus with ironwood slabs, I would prob class this as one of my top end bushcrafters .. I also have a 01 tool steel bushcrafter with a micarta handle, this I would class as one of my bottom end knives, im basing this as a collectors point of view, not on the performance of the knife.. The reason I come to this conclusion is based on the difference in price I paid for the two knives, due to the difference in materials and time it takes to work them.. generally the guys I speak to about knives would tend to know what a top end knife is, in fact a good friend keeps his 'top end' folders in his safe because they are so valuable, again due to the materials used and the time to make them,

I hope this helps clarify...

:beerchug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE