Thought I'd have a bash...........

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
S

Smudgeruk

Hi all, first post so here goes!

I've been looking at the wor of all you talented people and felt that I wanted to have a go too. So here is what I came up with............

DSC05211.jpg

DSC05209.jpg

DSC05155.jpg

DSC05153.jpg

Wasn't sure where to get some leather, so bought an old leather handbag from a charity shop for £3.00 hence why some cracking can be seen in the leather.

Made the axe mask first and then tried a bit of wet moulding from the leftovers to make the SAK pouch.

Only tools I had were a stanley knife,electric hand drill and a large sewing needle. Hopefully with the right tools and unused leather the results will be a lot better!

Thanks for looking,

Smudger

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Hi Smudger and welcome to BCUK. Jumping right in there I see. Well done.

A question:- I have never worked with leather. How do you get that 3D shape to the pocket? I hear it might be by soaking, but I can't see any stretch markings.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Actually, I like old leather, it has character. Very nice work. I have some old leather at work that no one does anything with. I would take some except it reeks of old tobacco :yuck:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Not only do I like old leather and think your pouch is full of character, but also (JoJo take note) like the smell of tobacco.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE