Those Austrian Jumpers and alternatives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aristotle

Forager
Jan 13, 2010
NW England
Those heavy Austrian army jumpers appear to be difficult to find in my size (40").

If I do find one, are they comfortable of is the wool scratchy?

Are there any other surplus (but equally as not obviously military-looking) jumpers of similar warmth out there?

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
I have three of them and love them. I don't find them itchy at all. I do where a shirt/base layer underneath though. They are hard to find. Endicotts did stock them but I think this is running very low. There has been talk about getting them new/unissued but I gather this would be upwards of £45 rather than the £10-20 you might get them for in issued condition. But then again they would be new and in all sizes even up to xxxl. However the min order would be 50 units of the things I think.

Last edited:

iano

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2010
Wales
Any link to what you mean, did a quick google but no joy...

Is it anything at all like the old Norwegian Army jumper (not the shirt with the roll neck)? Like a jumper but with a collar that's stand up (ish) at the rear but forms a button-up section at the front?

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
If its going to be the £45 price for new, barbour also do similar styles, which can be got "used"on ebay for £20 or so.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE