Thermarest neo-air four season

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
Hubby is considering buying one (actually it's his birthday and he's dropping big hints about one :)). I found a reference on here to having one at the Bushmoot but couldn't find a review.

Does anyone have one? What size are they packed? How noisy are they if you've got a fidgety sleeper on one?

Any alternative recommendations. (I was wondering about the Exped synthmats)

He's currently got a Thermarest Trail lite. Which he reckons is cold in winter and not that comfortable. Ideally he'd like something that's warmer, lighter and packs smaller - some people are hard to please:rolleyes:

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
I have read about several if not many cases where the peak elite mats have had problems with leaks, although there are fans of them out there who seem to be quick to recommend them. I have the large neoair trekker - like the GBP79 one linked to by Greenwood (so it is not the all-season which Snowfire asked about). It is my first inflatable pad and I have not found it very comfortable, I think it's closer to a futon in feeling than a bed, so firm and not much in the way of relaxation. If I get it sold I will get a downmat 9 instead, almost half a kilo heavier but I think it will be so much more comfortable, plus it will be able to keep me warm during winter unlike the non-all-season trekker.

Exped is supposedly coming out with a UL-version of the downmat sometime this spring (why not in the winter?! 0_o) to counter therm-a-rest's new stuff. The UL they sell now is of the synmat variety.

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
I've been looking at the All Season too, it seems the warmest lightweight mat out right now but as others have mentioned there are some interesting new ones coming out soon so I'm thinking of holding off :)

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I have the Neoair all season and it really is excellent, comfortable much thicker than other thermarests, I've not had any problems with it leaking so far. Packsize and weight is better than standard thermarest, I'm in the middle of taking pics for a review so I'll try and get it posted asap for you.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I've got the standard Neoair, and it is impressive. Packs down to coke-can size, lighter than standard mats, and it is very much more comfortable.

They feel warm when you first lie on them, as they are filled with air at 37 degrees from your lungs! The standard neoair is certainly warm enough for UK spring and summer. I couldn't comment on the four season.

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
Anyone knows where to buy the all-seasons at a good price? Alloutdoor have excellent prices on exped mats but not on their neoairs, and they don't seem to have the all-seasons at all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE