The Wilderness Gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
It has moved to somewhere near to Ashford. That means I'll never be able to go again. I'll miss being able to meet up with my pals every year. With the moot having moved further into the Midlands too, we have nothing left on this side of the country. Very sad after 20 years. I'm devastated.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It has moved to somewhere near to Ashford. That means I'll never be able to go again. I'll miss being able to meet up with my pals every year. With the moot having moved further into the Midlands too, we have nothing left on this side of the country. Very sad after 20 years. I'm devastated.
Having the BushMoot near Coventry is likely easier to get to than in South Wales for many in the south of England. It just seems a long way.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Both are now impossible for me to get to without a car.
Public transport was enough of a struggle for me to get to the moot in Wales, though I did do it twice. The gathering is also awkward as there is no public transport for many miles around, and I've been lucky enough to persuade a friend to go, and take me to the last few years since I've had to stop riding my bike. Even that was a real struggle the past two years. They are not interested in driving to Coventry or Kent, so that's it for me.
Unless someone from the sw offered me a lift, I'm even willing to pay petrol, but all the years I've asked here if anyone could give me a lift, it's sadly been a deafening silence. So, that's it.
It's heartbreaking, as im pretty much a solo bushcrafter anyway, and meeting like minded souls was a great boost to me, mentaly and physically. I realy enjoyed the meeting of old friends, and making new ones each year. I don't know what else I can do.
I'm realy realy upset to be honest. The wilderness gathering has been something to look forward to, and aim for, for the last 20 years. I'm heart sore.:(

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im so sorry about that.

I would be willing for both but these days my summers are all taken up by work.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Im so sorry about that.

I would be willing for both but these days my summers are all taken up by work.
Thanks Tengu, you have been a great help in the past, and I would have been stuck without you more than once. So heartfelt thanks for that.
I'm glad you are working in a job you love and can follow your dreams. Even if it means you are unable to come , at least you have that. That's important.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
There is the wild In Us Festival which is closer and in the thread below. I was also there and tend to agree with the comments in the thread. So far I can not see 2024 dates.

To be honest, I'm not excited by this "festival" if last year was anything to go by.
I want bushcraft, not a crap music festival with half a dozen stands and a few talks from a couple of popular 20 yr old you tubers that have nothing to do with bushcraft anyway.
Nothing against them personaly but, they were not bushcraft people.
The chap, who did the firelighting talk was about the most knowledgeable bushcrafter there, and talking to him afterwards, he realy wasn't very impressed by the whole thing either.
It's nowhere near what I'm wanting, and on reflection, probably won't go again without vast improvement to the whole thing. I took a punt, but if that's all that's on offer , I'm out.
Fine if you want to get drunk have a rave up and sleep in the woods for a weekend. But not realy for me.

(Anyone get the idea I wasn't realy very impressed?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Trojan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE