The Titanic sinking conspiracy theory

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Its clear that all amateur HAM radio users throughout the worldwere in on the conspiracy, as well as Russia, and every other country in the world capable of recveiving transmissions. Oh, and all astonautical reserachers and scientists worldwide capable of tracking the spacecraft, oh, and of course the entire staff in NASA, and all the media to whom such a scoop would have out-done the Watergate expose and made them more famous than Woodward and Bernstein!

However, guys, lay off the men in tights! Yes, of course its correographed. But as a decent judoka and avid dabbler in a variety of martial arts in my youth, let me tell those wot dont kno that what those guys do is incredibly dangerous, regardless of the acting involved. Slightly too much pressure on locks breaks elbows, knees or ankles, misjudging the shoulder positioning on a neckbreaker will break a neck or back, clotheline done incorrectly might not only break your own elbow or shoulder, but break your opponents neck. Ditto kicks to the head, neck and jaw, dropkicks to the chest area - the list is endless. And when you add up the height these guys jump from, and their weight, you've just got to admire both their professionalism and testicular fortitude. Yes, I know the ring is well sprung, but having a twenty stone guy jumping off a top rope onto your head is what's called high-risk activity:) It's a cross between Eastenders, ballet and Russian Roulette.....................

Urban X

Nomad
Apr 6, 2012
Thanet, Kent
Ah, thanks for clearing that up, his nose did look a bit pixelated in a couple of frames. :p

@southey I found it an interesting watch which brings up some very good points.

Si

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Southey I hear what you're saying and like you I am entitled to the conclusion I came to AFTER viewing that progrmamme. I admit it, I wasn't sceptical and believed what was presented to me before, but what that programme shows are a series of little errors, chinks in the this slick production that makes you question the whole validity of the rest. Once that little snowball starts rolling it gathers more and more little things along the way with it. Pretty soon you end up with some pretty glaring anomolies that begs the question: why are they even there if what they say is true? I mean if they are geniune images of men on the moon why is the background scenary the same at supposedly different locations? Why do they appear to be bouncing about at the end of wires?

which naturally leads onto...if they are faked, then what else has been faked that we have taken as common knowledge all these years?

There are people who get their jollies by controlling the masses, feeding us these fictions.

Spend a couple of hours watching that video and then come to your own conclusions mate, that's all I ask.

In this day an age we are becoming more cynical and questioning about things, having an alternate view on something is a healthy thing...

I believe someone but most probably something went to to moon, a robotic probe at least.

As for why the hoax? Who knows? But in the eyes of the world The Land of the free and the home of the brave scooped the biggest coup in history and earnt a lot of brownie points around the world. The knock on effect of that can only be good for their economy. So the rich get richer and jobs are created. I'm just guessing there, I'm no analyist of the bigger picture of it.

The Watergate scandel comparison has a fair point, but that freedom of the press isn't as flexible as people might think. This isn't like the movies when some gung-ho maverick investigative reporter exposes something and gets a pat on the back. Capricorn One is a fictional account of what I believed most likely happened.

Last edited:

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Conspiracy theorist 1: "I have noted enough bits of evidence that prove the government was lying"
Conspiracy theorist 2: "Me too, they're blatantly lying"
Government: "No we're not"
Conspiracy theorist 1: "You would say that, why has nobody independently verified your claims?"
Government: "Someone did, but you didn't believe them either"
Conspiracy theorist 2: "That's because you got to them and convinced them to lie too"
Government: "We're really sorry but look, here's all the evidence we've got to prove that we did this"
Conspiracy theorist 1: "I refuse to look at all of this, I already have the bits I need to prove that you're lying"
Conspiracy theorist 2: "Actually, some of this is pretty convincing, perhaps they were telling the truth"
Conspiracy theorist 1: "I see the Man has got to you as well - the conspiracy deepens..."
Independent body: "We've looked at both sides of the argument and conclude that the government was not lying"
Government: "See? We told you..."
Conspiracy theorist 1: "You paid them to say that"
Independent body: "No they didn't"
Independent body 2: "They didn't pay us either"
Conspiracy theorist 1: "So you paid another body to convince us of your lies... this just convinces me more"
Government: "Is there ANYTHING we can do to convince you that we are not lying? Anything at all? Is there any evidence we can put forward that will prove to you that we are not lying?"
Conspiracy theorist 1: "No"

Biker

All of this is giving me a headache... where are my homoeopathic pills?

:lmao:

Try bromide it supposed to suppress certain feelings LOL!

Right I realsie I'm typing a helluva a lot of stuff here and wading though all that word stuff can be a drag and they say a pictures peaks a thousand words so have a gander at this. THEN ask yourself this question. In a bulky spacesuit at 1/6th earth gravity why would he have such a struggle to pick up a hammer. This is compared to how they appear to be moving about in other footage.

Now for me this raises questions in my mind, is that the actions of a man on the moon or someone fighting against strings preventing him from kneeling down?

You decide.

[video=youtube;GmcTYq8Xh7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmcTYq8Xh7k&feature=en dscreen&NR=1[/video]

Also listen to the dialogue. Pretty fast conversation back and forth for someone supposedly 250,000 miles away using 1970's radio, even with current day satellite feeds there's a lag in the transmission. Yet why didn't it affect NASA back then?

See what I mean about little errors leading on to more? If this is genuine then why do the laws of physics seems suspended in this footage

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
the moon landings weren't faked because they left a mirror there that is still used every night to bounce a laser off to measure how far away the moon is. its how we know its getting 3 centimetres further away every year.

the flag does not wave. it stands out because it has wire mesh sewn into it, no atmosphere on the moon means no waving flag, which was a problem for NASA because they wanted people to see a flag not some cloth hanging on a stick. the flag moves like its waving because the astronauts are trying to stick the pole in the ground.

Biker, the bulky spacesuit makes it incredibly hard to do anything in any gravity its like wearing a sumo suit, they weren't designed for comfort they were designed to keep the astronauts safe. put a sumo suit on, 3 pairs of gloves then try and pick up a hammer off the bottom of a swimming pool then you'll have some idea of what it feels like.

at the end of the day all conspiracy theorists believe that they are right, and won't listen to anything resembling reason regarding these 'theories' so there's no point even trying. as has already been said there were a lot of organisations, and nations, with a vested interest in saying they were faked, and none of them did, even the Soviet Union. also any cover up of that scale would be doomed to failure because of the sheer number of people involved, the entire idea is ridiculous

Urban X

Nomad
Apr 6, 2012
Thanet, Kent
Biker, the bulky spacesuit makes it incredibly hard to do anything in any gravity its like wearing a sumo suit, they weren't designed for comfort they were designed to keep the astronauts safe. put a sumo suit on, 3 pairs of gloves then try and pick up a hammer off the bottom of a swimming pool then you'll have some idea of what it feels like.

Interesting as they seem to be able to line up and futher still actually compose pictures to magazine standard with no viewfinder on the stills cams whilst said stills cams are strapped to the chest of these incredibly bulky suits which are so hard to move in? Amazing! Not only that but actually change a lens! :yikes:

The flags do an awful lot of waving considering there is no atmosphere on the moon lol. :p

Si

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
UrbanX said:
The flags do an awful lot of waving considering there is no atmosphere on the moon

What stops flags waving on earth when there's no wind? Air resistance.

There's no air on the moon so they're likely to keep moving far longer than you'd expect after they've been stuck there

Biker

Watch the documentary, come to your own conclusions. It's not some watered down documentary either that insults your intelligence, nor is it hyped up like some edge of the seat reality show.

Wach then decide if what I've been saying here has some basis. What's 2 hours of your life? Gotta be better than Eastenders or Britian's got talent surely?

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
So the Titanic crashed into the Moon but the little green men cover this up with tinfoil which is actually aluminium ... or have I got the wrong end of this?

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
I think it's good to question things, fortunately it seems to be the human way, i say fortunately because if we didn't we'd still be living in caves.

I also strongly believe it's good to doubt things, again if we didn't we'd still believe the fairy tales that are the bible.
Problem is when these questions and doubt start to go past common sense and into the realms of the ridiculous it's more of a step back rather than a step forward.

I think what really gets to me though is that these "sceptics" have done absolutely nothing.
They have no courage, vision or determination, the only thing they cling to is some ridiculous nit picking, at things that real, determined, courageous and honest people have accomplished.

These "sceptics" have shaped their lives around nothing.
Their entire life is spent searching for something that didn't happen (in the case of the moon landings).

Another thing worth considering is who profits from these conspiracies?

The Titanic guy has no doubt written a book, stared in a TV show and does the conspiracy lecture circuit.

Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin are a long way off rich, many other of the moon landies didn't even have their 5 mins of fame.
The American government spent billions developing the space program, so they're not really gaining anything by faking it all.

These conspiracy theorists have book deals, lectures, TV shows and guest appearances to cash in on.
If Neil Armstrong had not landed on the moon he'd still be a brave, determined and stand up bloke.

If these nerds hadn't written some conspiracy book who would have ever heard of them?

Some folks believe in a make belief God, some believe in alien visitations, others hero worship serial killers, it takes all, i do honestly believe though that you have to be extremely gullible to fall for all this conspiracy nonsense.
Each to their own though.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
if its fake why did the soviet union not expose it as fake. there's absolutely no way that they wouldn't have been listening in on the transmissions, and they had a vested interest in discrediting the americans (cold war). a cover up that big is impossible

Biker

Well said cbr6f. Asking questions IS a good thing, having an open mind is an essential part of humanity, the ability to adapt to change and radical ideas however distasteful.

Yes there are money makers raking in cash over these conspiracy theories, yes there are very gullibale people out there lapping this stuff up because they want to believe it and go out and buy those books and attend those lectures. (I look online for stuff and just browse) Neil Armstrong and the like may not be rich men as a result of thier exploits, perhaps they don't have as good agents as those others. But it still doesn't take away from the stuff that's shown in that video and several others just like it that something stinks about the whole Apollo landing thing.

I'm mid-way through another hour long documentary right now, with some bloke chasing down the original Apollo crews and asking them to swear on the bible. I don't find the interviewer at all pleasent and his techniques are far too pushy for my tastes but the results he's getting and the body language of those interviewed says to me that they're VERY uncomfortable about being put into that sitation. As soon as the discrepencies come into the conversation they clam up.
Read into what you want but something is there that just ain't right... which naturally leads me onto the next level of - If (the myterious) they got away with that, then what else are they getting away with?

I suppose I just don't like to be told what to think when there's a lot of damning stuff that's contrary to what's being said in the offical story.

Official word - "A plane crashed into the Pentagon on Sept 11 - Fact"

Healthy inquiering mind - "So where's the wreckage? The wings etc?"

Offical word - "Right there, plane parts."

Healthy inquring mind - "But those plane parts aren't even from the plane you said crashed into the Pentagon. Explain that. Where are the wings?"

Official word - "Are you some sort of whacko? Are you even Patriotic? I bet you're a Trekkie too."

And that's how it starts. Buck the system accept the ridicule.

PS there's a field in Pennsylvania that they said was the site of the plane the passengers took over on that day, yet the hole in the ground looks like a hole in the grrund, not like ANY plane crash site you've seen ANYwhere on news footage. Yet they sold it to us as "fact" and 99.9% of the population bought it.

But don't get me going on the 911 conspiracy.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE