"The Rough Ways" - bushcraft race.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Peto

Maker
Sep 8, 2014
Pacov
www.groundgear.uk
Dear friends,
I know it's a distance, but we would like to invite you for ever about the first bushcraft race.
It is a heavy, three-day race in the beautiful forests of Slovak mountains of Tribech (Tríbeč), which can test your abilities, skills, knowledge and fitness.
You can read the details (will still be constantly updated) on the race website - click on the picture below.
Please excuse any errors in the English text - we were all who organized it, on the schools very lousy students. :rolleyes:
For those who seek participation, we can provide Wienna or Bratislava airport pick-up.
Any remarks, comments and questions are welcome!

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Sounds fun although i'd never thought of my bushcrafting hobby as any type race, in my youth i might have enjoyed something like this but these days i'm more like Aesop's Tortoise, slow and steady always wins my race

Peto

Maker
Sep 8, 2014
Pacov
www.groundgear.uk
Janne, many thanks for offer, original text is in Slovak ...you can see the slovak version - click and let me know if it's possible please.
GGTBod, thank you for your comment...

Friends, I really would like to know your opinion on the general idea of ​​competition in "bushcraft" disciplines such as handdrill, archery, climbing, knots etc. and all this as part of a demanding track running (walking) on time.
What do you think about it?

Mike313

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
South East
.... in my youth i might have enjoyed something like this but these days i'm more like Aesop's Tortoise ....

I can relate to that. I have a photo somewhere that shows me and the three others in my team that won a regional orienteering competition, all proudly holding up our medals. I would have relished this race back then. Nowadays I come down the stairs using both feet on each step while I wait for my arthritic ankles to loosen up a bit first thing in the morning. Damn old age!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think it sounds brilliant Peter :) I hope it's a great success and a lot of fun too.
Your English is clear enough to be easily understood, a write up when it's by would be interesting.

atb,
Toddy

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Your English (like many folk from outlandish parts of the world) is very good, dont worry.

Better than many who were born here.

Tengu (Who is the bane of her tutors when it comes to grammar.)

Peto

Maker
Sep 8, 2014
Pacov
www.groundgear.uk
Thanks!
Friends, we start campaing for suport our race on Indiegogo.
We want make profi record the race, reports, profiles of the contestants, interviews and convey the atmosphere of the whole race through exclusive access to all of our contributors. For that we need technology, profi videohosting, good directing and few experts, so, if you like this idea, you can check it HERE.
Thank you...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE