The paracord "three daughters lanyard" on a pink Emerson traveler knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
A friend is preparing to give this knife as a gift to his wife. They have three daughters that she will EDC this knife to protect. As a reminder of each daughter, he asked me to include three pink sliding paracord beads on the lanyard. The rest is a unique decorative arrangement. Just took photos on lunch break near my work. I'll add that I wish I had this knife, its build like a brick s. house!

beads020.jpg

beads019.jpg

beads018.jpg

beads013.jpg

beads012.jpg

beads008.jpg

beads006.jpg

beads005.jpg

beads003.jpg

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Nice knife and cordwork.
um, in the UK, we don't carry anything for 'protection', and certainly on some forums it's frowned on to talk about using knives as weapons.

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
Protecting yourself with a knife is a recipe for disaster (IMO), why doesn't she just get a CCW Permit? Considering you are in the states..

So a woman is better off defending herself against an attacker with her bare hands? A firearms permit is not obtainable everywher in the usa.... I digress. This is not the sPot for this I don't think

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Maybe I should add "and from my experience, we don't need to.".

From mine it would be most appropriate for females to do so.

I maybe shouldn't have posted that aloud.
It's not an invite for debate.

The reason I did are from experience, professional and personal.

Last edited:

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
Thanks Barn Owl. I didn't know until I read mrcharly's response that there were places on earth that were 100% safe (from predator people or animals)
From mine it would be most appropriate for females to do so.

I maybe shouldn't have posted that aloud.
It's not an invite for debate.

The reason I did are from experience, professional and personal.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
the reason we don't carry knives for defence is because we don't have such stupidly large crime rates as you do, and since we don't have between 190 and 250 million guns privately owned there's really no need for a edc for defense

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Back on topic.

That's a stunning piece of work,if only it came in a more subdued colour for men.:)

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
yeah, I've been on a pink kick lately for the ladies LOL!! people gonna start wondering about me. the two tone part was done with regular plack paracord (gutted); then I used a needle to thread a tracer of woven pink masons twine from the hardware store over the middle of it. I think they only have white, pink, neon orange, yellow and green at my local store! there is a video on my youtube called "how to make a knife lanyard your buddy doesn't have". follow the tutorial to make one, then just follow it through again w/ thinner cord.
Back on topic.

That's a stunning piece of work,if only it came in a more subdued colour for men.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE