'The Outdoors Show' Meet 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My thanks to all who made my weekend a thing of beauty!
Especially - Mesquite and Decorum and of course all those who bought stuff off me or traded for goods...I actually covered my traveling expenses!
The show itself was a big disapointment - I recall the days when the area covered by the show this year would have held no more than the canoe and diving areanas!
The Meet, however, was more than worthwhile and I aquired more good kit on site than I did at the show!
Not so much "The heat, the dust, the flies" as " The rain, the mud, the Earwigs" but putting faces and names to site names was great, meeting old friends and new ones was terrific - and my ribs still ache from all the laughter!
Roll on the next one!

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Thanks to everyone for a great meet folks, you know who you are. Good to put faces to names to a load of people i'd not met before.:D

We had some strange looks and sniffs at the Show, lol. :lmao:

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Think I should just add to this a massive thanks to the guys that popped over to my camp and made the camp out really great.

My dad had a great time as well and was hugely impressed by the sharps and kit that people took the time to show him.

Thanks to the lads in the naughty corner again who made fantastic hosts and kept the woods alive with the sounds of laughing followed by some very contented snoring. I gotta say I think Andy may have lifted the title from Neil following a long stretch of "chain sawing in a hammock" on saturday night.

Cheers lads.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Thanks to the lads in the naughty corner again who made fantastic hosts and kept the woods alive with the sounds of laughing followed by some very contented snoring. I gotta say I think Andy may have lifted the title from Neil following a long stretch of "chain sawing in a hammock" on saturday night.

Cheers lads.

Lol, i never heard him.:eek::rolleyes::D

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
Thanks for a great meet, especially to those who made us newer members so welcome.
It was nice to put faces to names, can't wait till next time!

PREPER.......... :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
My thanks to all who came and made what is yet another memorable Meet.
Special thanks go to Steve and 'The Unusual Suspects' - goodjob guys.
Sorry that some couldn't make it because of the lurgy :( , there'll be futher Meets :D .

Oh, and I've known it far, far muddier at the Close :lmao:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Once again, first thanks must go to Decorum for hosting us at Rough Close.

Gents - great to meet new friends and old - Standby here they come:

Outdoors Show Meet - Rough Close (Picture heavy)

Setting up Mesquite's Parachute for a communal area:

mesquitesparachute001.jpg

mesquitesparachute002.jpg

mesquitesparachute003.jpg

Mesquite's Hinged Jerrycan:

mesquiteshingedjerrycan.jpg

Mesquite's Chilli Thurs Night:

mesquiteschilli001.jpg

My Set Up:

mylavvusetup001.jpg

mylavvusetup003.jpg

Toasty Warm:

mylavvusetup006.jpg

Home Comforts:

mylavvusetup008.jpg

Sasquatch's Dutch oven bread:

sasquatchhomemadebread0.jpg

sasquatchhomemadebread0.jpg

Addo's Set up - Stove on the go:

addossetup0012.jpg

addossetup002.jpg

addossetup003.jpg

addossetup005.jpg

Andy2112's Set Up - Ladder required:

andy2112setup.jpg

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Southern Fried Chicken and Chips - Dutch Oven Stylee

Having conquered Roast Lamb at several Meets in the past the Naughty Corner decided to branch out at the Outdoors Show Meet held at Rough Close.

Twodogs had brought some Jamaican spice coating and a quick trip to Sainsbury's for the chicken breasts and chips we were off and going:

Twodogs dipping the chicken in Milk

chickenandchipsdutchove.jpg

then into the spice mix:

Into a 12 Litre DO with 3 litres of hot vegetable oil - bubble away for 20 - 25 mins:

Leg anyone?

Breast?

Andy 2112 Digging them out when golden brown to TinkyPete:

nolightweight sorting out the chips:

Almost there:

5 - 7 mins tops:

Me lifting out the chips:

Chicken keeping warm whilst the chips drain:

Add salt and vinegar and some butter bread - SORTED - PUKKA TUKKA

And boy it was good eating......

Thanks to all for a great weekend...

Rychard

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
cannock staffordshire
thank you all at the meet you made me feel welcome as a newby had a good w/end . the chicken was very nice hope to meet up again if all to goes plan still thinking about a hammock ? not to sure about having to carry the ladder :confused::hammock:

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
Thanks to Decorum for sorting the meet and Mesquite for letting me know it was on! Big thanks especially due to Dave52 for lifts and company. Only sorry I was only able to make it for Friday night. Thanks also to John Fenna for the molotov cocktail & company! In fact thanks to everyone who made my first meet a great time! Cheers!

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I’d also like to thank Decorum for organising the meet and also thank him, John Fenna and others for all the help and advice. No matter how much you read up on something there is nothing to beat being offered some advice and then having the opportunity to try it out straight away. I hope I will now know next time exactly how to light a fire - and keep it well alight – in damp conditions.

Thanks also to:

Mesquite, in particular for comments on knife law and CRB checks.

Nigeltm for all manner of tips

Also a quick tour round looking at other hammock set ups gave me some good ideas to help me set up and take down more quickly.

So all in all a great weekend which even the occasional dampness did nothing to spoil.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Only just got on at work as I got home Monday afternoon to find some numpty has screwed up at the exchange and half my town is without phone or internet :eek:

Had a really great time and it was good seeing old faces and meeting new ones as well. Wasn't that impressed by the show but that was more than made up by the time in the woods. Special thanks to Mad Dave and Dr Jones entertaining us with their stories and exploits :D

Thanks also to Decorum for facilitating the meet :rolleyes: Can't wait for the next one.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Looks like it was an excellent weekend. Great pics.

Stooboy, I'm heartened to see you wearing your wellies properly!!

"This season we will be wearing..."

I'm "beeling" that I missed this one (the heads up and lift offer was appreciated mate) but I'd be the only one not have brought chorizo. :)

Thanks for posting some great pics everyone.

All the best,

Liam

EDIT; What's the name of that Homebase folding cook box lads? Looks good.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Liam it says homebase flatpack charcoal bbq on the box, i bought two ages ago,they were on offer at a fiver each, i got two thinking they would be flimsy and wouldnt last long,the first has took some abuse both with charcoal and wood,and is still going strong so the others still sat in its box in my porch.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Liam it says homebase flatpack charcoal bbq on the box, i bought two ages ago,they were on offer at a fiver each, i got two thinking they would be flimsy and wouldnt last long,the first has took some abuse both with charcoal and wood,and is still going strong so the others still sat in its box in my porch.

Cheers mate :D

Some great fotos of the weekend.

Your neck of the woods got a battering with the high tide etc today - ouch.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
There will be a Meet scheduled for the end of March 2011.
Unfortunately there won't be a Midlands Outdoors Show Meet 2011 as the show has been moved to London (link)... it's a _teensy_ bit more than the 10 miles that made RC so well placed for a coinciding Meet :surrender: .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE